21.

Avana Jackson

"Look at you." My aunt, Dave's mother gave me a sympathetic look. "You realize this is all your fault, David."

"How is it my fault, ma?"

"You brought that hood rat-"

"Don't disrespect her." He warned. "She the one over here attempting murder." He pointed at me.

"What are you talking about, boy?"

"Val was in a coma for four years. Avana pushed her off a balcony." He explained making me look down at my lap.

"Is that true?" My uncle asked me.

"Yes." I said just above a whisper.

That's why I didn't plan on pressing charges no matter how much my aunt was trying to get me to. I deserved every bit of what Valencia did to me. At the time I was acting on jealousy and as time progressed I knew what I did was wrong.

Karma caught up with my ass. After having my daughter I've humbled myself a little more. I had to grow up, being a single mother.

I was sure she was Sebastian's when I first found out I was pregnant, even though he used a condom. That was short lived when I had a DNA test with Tobias just to be sure.

I heard his girl Hazel had caught something, but he assured me they only had sex a few times before she started hoeing around. His words, not mines.

Just to be sure I got myself tested and it came back fine. But now I'm raising Alana on my own. Tobias is in prison for domestic violence, attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon and two counts of rape. He'll be serving twenty-five to life.

"Wow..." My aunt said, not really knowing what to say. I was ashamed that it had to come out like that.

"I was jealous. My boyfriend of ten years left me for her and got her pregnant a few months after knowing her. He wouldn't marry or have a baby with me. I wanted that with him and she had his first child, something I had wanted for a long time."

"So that's an excuse to try to kill somebody?" Dave questioned.

"No, but that's my excuse and I'm not proud of it. But what's done is done." I touched the side of my face, hissing from the pain.

I had a black eye, busted lip and my entire face was swollen. Not to mention that I have two broken ribs. Again, I deserved this. I thought she would've put me in jail, but obviously I don't know Valencia like that.

"Why are you even wasting your time?" I asked, gaining Dave's attention.

"What?"

"Valencia and Sebastian can't leave each other alone. You're just setting yourself up for heartbreak if you continue this relationship with her." I told him, which was nothing but the honest truth.

"What would you know?" He caught an attitude with me for trying to help him. "Don't worry about me and Valencia. We good over here."

"Then where is she now since you left her on the side of the road?" I sassed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"At home."

"You sure? Call her." I know for a fact she probably called Sebastian and he dropped everything to get her. I've learned to get over him, but I know this all to well.

It's six in the morning and Sebastian is a light sleeper so I know he'll hear the phone ringing.

We watched David pull out his phone and dial her number. It rang three times before shuffling was heard on the other line.