Chapter forty-three

2 weeks later:
"You kept it?" Newts voice rang out causing Thomas to spin around
"Of course I did - it was the only thing I had left of you" Thomas replied sadly putting the letter back on his bookshelf along side Chucks figure.
"Come on, your dad needs to speak to us or something - looks like the whole bloody towns downstairs" Newt spoke trying to lighten the mood, turning to walk out the door with Thomas following.

"Wow you weren't kidding" Thomas muttered to Newt making his way over to Teresa, Minho, Brenda and Jorge who all greeted him with a smile.
"What's going on?" Thomas asked confused looking at his father who looked stressed.
"I think you should sit down for this-" Mellisa started before Thomas cut her off.
"I asked what's going on. Not what I should do" Thomas snapped.
"We've found a way for you all to remember your - old lives" Deaton cut in calmly as Thomas looked at both Newt and Minho knowingly before realising a sigh.
"This way you can remember your old life - you can remember us" Scott argues his point "and how do you even know it'll work?" Minho quizzed "it's a simple trick they use - we just need to disable it" Deaton answered.
"And what happens to the memories we have of this life?" Newt asked peeking Thomas' attention.
"That's the thing-" Deaton started "you'd remember them obviously" Kiara cut in shooting the pack a guilty look as Thomas snorted.
"All right - I'm done listening to this bull shit" he snapped shaking his head "you don't want to remember your family?" Scott asked upset "he doesn't want to forget his new one" Derek defended.
"What are you talking about?" Newt asked slowly filled with confusion
"If we get our old memories back we forget the new one - it's the only way this would work" Thomas replied sadly "I don't know about you guys - but I certainly don't want to forget I can't" Thomas added "then you can count us all out." Minho fired back glaring at his sister as Newt nodded "and me"
Both Brenda and Jorge also hummed in agreement together.
"Forgetting would be taking the cowards way out - we're not cowards" Jorge spoke as Theresa stayed quiet.
"Well what about you?" Peter asked filled with smugness causing Theresa to look at Thomas.
"I can't forget - besides this family is certainly better than whatever I'd have to go back to" she spoke lowly, not taking her eyes of Thomas.
"Then it's settled - accept us for who we are now. Or not at all" Thomas spoke firmly before walking out of the house with the rest of his family following.

"Well I hate to say I told you so - who am I kidding? I told you so" Peter spoke filled with smugness "we finally get them settled and they start to trust us and you then go and give them a reason not to. That was a selfish move" Derek argued "since when did you care anyway?" Lydia questioned " what? You think because you've finally realised your in love with him he's going to come running back to you? You're clearly the brains of the group" Peter huffed.
"Guys - just stop. I spent - God knows how long with Newt. The way he spoke about them, it was like - it was stronger than love. They're a pack. They can't lose each other they'd go crazy" Allison spoke lowly "you had no right to lie to them about that. For the first time in forever I actually agree with Derek  and Peter" she added on walking out of the Stilinski household.
"She's right. Stiles is gone - we need to accept it" Derek spoke following Allison asking with Peter.

Hey guys!! So not long left now! Just wanted to say thanks for sticking by and reading, voting and commenting, it really does mean a lot so thank you! Let me know what you guys think! 💕