Chapter thirty-four

"Do you remember me?" Allison asked a grumpy Thomas "I -  no. No I don't remember you" I answered guiltily before falling back into another silence.
"Well - I'm Allison, I was Scott's ex-girlfriend. It's nice to officially meet you - Thomas" Allison smiled warmly causing one to spread on my face before frowning.
"There is one thing I do want to know. How did you end up in the scorch? With Newt?" I questioned as she looked down quickly.
"You don't have to answer if you don't want to" I added whilst locking eyes with Scott who looked sad.
"It's Okay - I was killed by an evil spirit, called the nogistune. I died trying to save Lydia from him" Allison explained "really? An evil spirit? Do fairies exist as well?" I snorted causing her to smile sadly.
"You died a hero's death, you should be proud. Your friends alive because of that -" I added "and you? All this to find Newt and you've barely spoken a word to him since he's got here - it's not my place but he needs you. And with the looks of it you need him to" Allison spoke looking at Newt with admiration.
"I can hardly look at him, never mind speak to him. I killed him, I shot him in the head, simulation or not. Every time I look at him it's like it's happening all over again - but this time he's begging me not to pull the trigger" I replied, voice full of emotion.
"I know, trust me he's told me everything that he remembers. You and Minho are all he ever talked about" Allison smiled.
"And who did you talk about?" I deadpanned catching her off guard "you. My friends. My family. You should talk to him Thomas."

"Does he remember her?" Lydia asked confused "no. But that's the most he's spoken since he's got back" Scott replied.
"Fill up on supplies, we need to go out into the scorch for the berg. A couple miles - for security reasons" Ava spoke causing everyone to split up.
The McCall pack stocking up on food along with Theresa and water whereas Thomas, Minho abs Newt stocking up on weapons.