Chapter 4

Vote and comment! 💕
~enjoy

~Alex's POV~

I am too exhausted from the night before to do anything. I sit on my bed, Jordan lying in my lap. Flashes of last nights events scatter across my brain, draining what little energy I have left in me. I am tired of it all.

I sigh quietly and lay Jordan down. He sleeps peacefully yet looks so tense. I wonder if he can understand what is going on or has a reason for looking so tense as he sleeps.

I lay myself next to him, my arms protecting him as he begins to drool. I run my thumb along his arm to help him relax and he does. And then my eyes close.

------------

~Chase's POV~

Left on read. Damn. Okay then. Eh maybe she's just sleeping, we were up kind of late last night. Speaking of last night... I replay the scene of her shoving me out of her house in a panic.

Alex Lee :)

Hi :)
I'm gonna stop by your house today if you don't mind
I took home one of your books
Haha you're probably sleeping so I'll let you rest
But I'll see you in a few hours :)

Delivered

-------

I pick up some snacks on the way to Alex's house-- yes her cabinets are bare too. I pull into her driveway and enter through the back door. It's quiet. I bring the bag of food and walk to her room, her door wide open. I see her lying on her side, breathing softly.

Cute.

I walk over and see her arms wrapped around a baby. Aww that's cute. Wait--

Alex rubs her eye lightly and rolls onto her back.

"Hey--" She opens her eyes wide in panic. "Sorry sorry, it's just me." She breathes out a sigh of relief.

"W-what are you doing here...?"

"Oh I um, I think I took home one of your books on accident."

"Oh."

"And uh, I wanted to see if you were okay."

"Oh, uh, yeah. Sorry I've been sleeping..." I let out a soft grunt.

"I can tell--and uh..."

"Oh...um...he's my half brother."

"Ah I see." He sleeps soundly, drool sliding out of the corner of his mouth, his little tummy rising as he breathes quietly. "He's cute."

"Yeah he is..." a small smile creeps onto her face.

"I brought you some lunch," I say as I take out a styrofoam container.

"Oh, you didn't have to... again..." I sit next to her on a chair and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. She smiles shyly and looks down.

"What happened to your face?!"

She sits up quietly as I run my thumb over her wound.

"Who did this to you...?"

"Uhh...a dog bit me." What a shitty liar.