21

Two Years Later..

"Bryson, have you seen my black heels?!" I yell as I frantically search our room. Bryson jogs into the room and stands in the doorway, staring at me while I continue to look. "Why are you just standing there? Help me! We have to be at the dinner in twenty minutes and I don't want to be late!"

"Samantha, chill," Bryson laughs. I roll my eyes and start to dig through the large pile of clothes on my floor to see if my shoes could have been buried in there.

"No I'm not going to chill. This dinner is to discuss a potential signing to a record label and we have to make a good impression," I explain as I continue to dig. "Ha! I found them!"

I sit on my bed and slip on the simple black heels, but I have trouble clasping the strap due to my acrylic nails. "Let me help you baby," he says and he gets down on one knee to clasp the strap.

"I'm sorry if you feel like I'm nagging you, I just really want you to get this deal," I say softly as I gently scratch his head. Bryson and I met my second week in college in our calculus class, and have been inseparable ever since.

Unlike Abel and I, we didn't even start off as friends. One day in class he asked me to go on a date with him and I couldn't resist so I said yes. He definitely wasn't Abel, but he made me feel happy again. One of the drawbacks of our relationship at first was that he has a daughter. Being almost 19 at the time, I was hesitant about the whole thing but Bryson made me so happy that I was willing to try and see what happened. So far we've done well and Harley and I get along great and I have no issues with her mother either. The relationship is drama free and Bryson and I hardly even fight.

"I know you're just lookin' out for me baby girl. I love you," he says as he gets off his knee and pecks me on the lips. "You look so fine, I can't wait to take this dress off of you tonight."

I bite my lip and playfully push him off of me. "You better quit. You've been wanting to have sex with me so much it's like you want another kid or something."

"Shut up, girl," Bryson laughs and follows me as I head out the room and to the living room to grab my clutch and phone. We gather all of our stuff together and go out to Bryson's car and head to our destination. It's to a mansion in Beverly Hills and I begin to feel nervous. I've never been around high class rich people before.

"Who is all going to be there?" I ask as I take a drink of water from my bottle of water that I left in here earlier.

"A couple of producers and people from the label. Oh and the singer The Weeknd and his bros are going too." I nearly spit out my water and Bryson gives me a concerned look. I finally end my coughing fit and I take a deep breath. "Are you a fan or something?"

"Not really. I've only heard a couple of his songs. I'm just surprised a famous celebrity is going to be there," I lie. I listened to all of Abel's mixtapes on repeat my whole first year of college. I just wanted to hear his voice since he would never answer my calls or respond to my messages. I missed him so bad and my heart was so broken, but luckily I had Bryson, Natasha and Logan to help me through it. Bryson just didn't know who I was so sad about and I never listened to Abel's music around him.

"Yeah baby, this is the real deal! I'm going to show them some songs I've finished and if they like it I guess they'll think about signing me," he explains.

"I'm excited for you," I say and grab his hand and kiss it. We finally pull up to the expensive house and although I look calm on the outside, on the inside I'm shitting bricks. I'm not ready to face Abel. I'm just going to act like I don't know him. If I play dumb Bryson will never know a thing.

Bryson puts a stop to the car and puts it in park. He gets out and runs to the other side to open the door for me. I step out and smooth out my dress and take Bryson's hand in mine. We walk up to the door and ring the doorbell and by now I want to puke. The door opens and I see a slightly taller Abel standing in the doorway. His dreads are long and they sit on top of his head in a messy way. His jaw is more defined and he definitely lost all his baby weight. My heart skips a beat as we lock eyes and I see the confusion in them. It seems as if he chooses to play dumb as well and he puts his hand out and Bryson shakes it.