13

Abel

It felt like my life was finally complete. I finally had the balls to make Sammie my girlfriend, and I even lost my virginity to her. I literally feel like I'm cloud nine.

"Babe, focus!" Sam yells while hitting my shoulder. We were currently in my room trying to write a song for choir for our group project. I made Sam think I was terrible at writing, even though in reality I have a whole book of songs written. I just wanted an excuse to have her come to my house.

"Okay, okay. I think we should come up with a hook first. What does the song have to be about again?" I ask, tapping my pen on my notepad.

"It has to be a song about heartbreak. Like a sad love song," she says back to me, her green eyes boring into mine. An idea pops into my head and I start to write something down.

"Give me a name," I tell Sam. She furrows her eyebrows and looks at me quizzically.

"Um, I don't know. Valerie?" She says. I took the name and began to make a hook, making my words flow and rhyme all together.

"Valerie, I know you can see through me, I know you can see through my lies. Oh Valerie, you just chose to never know, what I do, what I do," I sing lightly. Sam nods her head and begins jotting down lyrics.

"Okay listen to this," she says as she finishes writing. "There comes a time in a man's life, where he must take responsibility for the choices he has made. And there are certain things he must do, things that he must say," her angelic voice sings. I smile at her and it seems as if all of these lyrics are just flowing through my brain and through my pen.

"Like I love you, and I need you, I only want you," I sing.

"And nobody's going to know if it's true," Sam finishes. After writing some more lyrics down, she goes over to the keyboard I have next to my window and turns it on. She begins to play some notes, soon creating a melody.

She plays the melody so effortlessly as if she's had this in her head for a while and just now found the right time to use it. I had never realized how musically inclined she was until now. I mean I knew she could sing and play piano, but I didn't know she was this good. She never brags about her talent, and I don't understand why. She doesn't give herself enough credit.

"What are you staring at?" She asks as she sits back down next to me. I snap out of my daydream and shake my head.

"Nothing," I smile.

"Seriously, is there something on my face?" She asks while touching her face. I laugh and lean over and peck her on the lips.

"You're just perfect," I tell her. She shoves my shoulder and laughs.

"Shut up, Abel."

"I'm serious Sammie. You're beautiful, smart, talented. You're the whole package baby," I smile cheekily at her. She smiles back and rolls her eyes.

"Let's get back to work," she says picking her pen back up. I smack the pen out of her hand and quickly grab her waist and pull her up on my lap so that she's straddling me.

"So you just gonna ignore my compliment?" I ask, looking up her. She just shrugs her shoulders and smirks at me. I lean forward and start kissing her neck, and then I bite hard on her shoulder. She smacks my arm and groans.