7

Samantha

"Are you good Sam? You got all tense all of a sudden," Logan asks and squeezes my hand. I manage to take my gaze off Abel and that girl and turn to Logan.

"Of course, I'm fine," I say with a smile. The host finally comes back and leads us to our booth, walking right past Abel and his little friend. I wrap my arm around Logan's waist and pull him close to me. Abel catches sight of us walking and he looks like a deer caught in the headlights. I smirk and continue to walk. Two can play at this petty game.

We sit in our booth, and I can see Abel and that girl perfectly from here. I see that he grabs her hands and plays with them, and obviously says something stupid because the girl starts laughing. I feel a small bit of anger rise in the pit of my stomach and I roll my eyes.

"You sure you good, ma?" Logan asks me. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, I'm still just a little hungover from last night," I lie. I pray he can't tell that I'm not being truthful.

"Hi, I'm Donna and I'll be your waitress for today. Can I get you guys something to drink? Any appetizers?"

"Can I get a sprite?" I ask. She nods and writes down our orders.

"Can I get a cherry coke please? And also an order of onion rings?" Logan asks. I smile at him in excitement. I fucking love onion rings. The waitress walks away and I begin skimming through the menu.

"Don't let this change the fact that I know you just lied to me. What's got you buggin' Sam?" Logan asks. I put my menu down and look at him, trying to come up with something to say. Before I can think of anything the words just pour out of my mouth.

"I-I um kinda got into an argument with my best friend before I came here, and he just happens to be here. So I just got a little nervous," I tell him, leaving out the part of Abel telling me not to come to this lunch date.

"Oh, was it that nigga you was with last night at the party?" Logan asks. I nod my head yes. Before he can say anything else, the waitress comes back with our drinks and onion rings. We order our food and begin to eat our appetizer. "So he's your best friend?"

"Yeah, well he's kinda the only friend I've ever had. I don't like people very much," I say, biting into my onion ring.

"So is he here tryna make you jealous or what?" Logan asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"I mean I guess. But it's not gonna work because there's no reason for me to be jealous, we're just friends," I tell him. I mean I guess I am a little jealous, but probably because Abel and I are each other's only friend and he's being a jerk to me and being nice to a girl he barley knows.

"Where's that nigga at?" Logan begins looking around. He finally spots him and smacks his teeth.
"That bitch Zaynah is trouble."

"Why do you say that?" I ask. She better not fuck with Abel. He may be an asshole right now but he's still my best friend.

"She's just messy. She's really sweet, but she's manipulative. She picks on the nice niggas and just uses them till she gets tired of them. Bitch tried doing it to me," he explains. "Like I really had feelings for her and her ass was just using me. You better warn your friend."

"Damn Logan, I'm sorry. Thanks for telling me though," I say. I really need to tell Abel as soon as I can. I don't want this Zaynah bitch to hurt him.