11

Samantha

I sat on my bed holding the small black box that Abel left, speechless after he stormed out. I never meant for any of this to happen, and I wish Abel would hear me out. I had no idea Logan was going to come over here with all of these expensive gifts and tongue me down at my front door. I only wanted Abel, but I doubt that he even wants me after what just happened.

I stare at the black box, fiddling with it between my fingers. I gain the courage to open it, and the guilt in my chest becomes heavier when I do. It was a simple gold locket, with tiny pictures of me and him inside.

 It was a simple gold locket, with tiny pictures of me and him inside

There were small engravings on the back reading, A&S. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I examined the jewelry. Abel must have worked so hard to save up for this, it was so thoughtful. All of Logan's expensive gifts meant nothing to me, this necklace was all I could ever ask for. I feel so shitty for making Abel so upset when all he was trying to do was make this the best birthday I've ever had.  I need to fix this. I wipe my tears and find my phone. I find Abel's contact and call him. It rings once and then goes to voicemail, which means he's declining my calls. I decide to text him, knowing he'll have to read it sooner or later.

S: Abel please answer me :(

I get excited when he texts back right away, but my heart sinks at his message.

A: Stop texting me Samantha. Go talk to your boyfriend.

S: Abel stop being petty!! Please hear me out.

A: What's there to hear out? It's clear you have feelings for the nigga. I bet you haven't even opened my gift yet, since you got all that designer shit.

I text him back quickly, my thumbs going a million miles an hour.

S: You're talking to me like you don't know who I am!! You know I hate expensive ass designer brands. You know I hate being spoiled! Your gift was so thoughtful and it means way more to me than some fucking Chanel.

A: Whatever Sam. You need to choose who you want because you can't keep playing with a nigga's emotions like this. You got me so fucked up. Got me out here doing boyfriend ass shit for you and you don't even appreciate it.

S: Abel I do appreciate it! I'm sorry. Please come back and talk this out with me.

A: I'd rather not. Talk to you later Sam.

Tears continue to pour out of my eyes and I start to hiccup. I wish I had my mom or brother right now. They would be here to tell me what to do and comfort me. I scream into my pillow in frustration at my situation right now. Everything is going wrong, and I don't know how to fix it. I lay in my bed, trying to come up with ways to fix this mess, and I end up falling asleep.

—————-
Later that day

I'm woken up by the sound of my phone ringing. Without looking at the caller ID, I answer.