Chapter Twenty-Five

The cold fingers slipped around my neck, gripping the skin. I felt my airways close as his grip tightened.

         But I was breathing normally. "This is a vision, isn't it?"

         "Smart girl," I heard him say in his raspy voice. "You know, I could never get this far with your brother. He is convinced his dear godfather is in trouble however."

          "You bastard!" I yelled.

         "You know, it's interesting," he continued as if I hadn't just called him a bastard. "You are far more capable and advanced in Occulmency, however I am getting more interaction from you than your brother."

         That's when it hit me. I could end this right now. I started blocking everything from my mind, but still paying some attention. Eventually, the vision began to fade. I heard Voldemort yelling out, trying to draw me back, but I blocked him out as the last wisps of my vision faded.

          I sat up in my bed, noticing the sun just rising. I went down to the Common Room in my pyjamas. I sat on the loveseat, thinking about everything I had just heard.

          Harry was convinced Sirius was in trouble. Harry would probably try to find him. Which means he would drag us all into it, and we could all really be killed this time.

          Just the shear thought of what Harry might do started to really stress me out. I knew I was going to flip out at any second, but there was nothing I could do to stop it at this point. I just started crying.

          About five minutes later, I heard shuffling upstairs. I quickly tried to cover up the fact that I had been crying.

         Hermione came walking down the stairs. I wiped my eyes one more time and turned to face her.

         "What are you doing up so early?" I asked.

         "I may as well be asking you the same thing," she replied. She set down a couple of pieces of parchment. "But since we're both up, I may as well show you these."

         She opened the rolls of parchment. One was a blank parchment, but the other two were plans. One was teaching methods and the other was a speech.

          "What are these?" I asked.

         "The plans for our class," Hermione said, a bright look on her face. "I was thinking we should meet in the Hog's Head on Saturday, so no one can overhear us."

          "But wouldn't that be the perfect place for Umbridge to spy on us?" I asked.

          "We would see her if she was trying to spy on us," Hermione responded. "You can't miss those bright pink robes."

          "But Hermione, she is an animigai. A mosquito. Just ask George, he saw it too!"

          "I saw what?" Geroge asked, stumbling down the stairs. He rubbed his eyes and fixed his hair.

         "That Umbridge can just turn into a mosquito!" I said, anger rising up my throat. "She can find us anywhere we meet! She could be in here right now! This is too risky Hermione!"

          "How about this," George started. "We can still do this..." He held out his hand as I started to get worked up again. "But we will meet somewhere Umbridge doesn't know about, or she wouldn't think students to go. But I agree that the Hog's Head is too risky."

          Hermione sighed and rubbed her temple. "Okay, but where else should we all meet then?"

           "The Shrieking Shack," George and I said together.