Chapter 79.

A/N:

heal·ing

This is a long chapter, for the reason that I won't be updating next week. Please forgive me. I hope you enjoy the read! 

S x

Song for the chapter:

Songbird - Fleetwood Mac

Harry's POV.

I opened my eyes, feeling the pain shoot throughout my body. Getting in an accident and being shot isn't supposed to be a highlight of someone's life. Even with the help of the epidural, it was barely bearable. I didn't even want to know what it was like without it.

My eyes travelled across to find the love of my life sleeping on the uncomfortable chair right by my hospital bed. I knew she wasn't relaxed, but still dealt with it for me. She was wearing one of those hideous hospital pyjamas, but even in those, she looked absolutely breathtaking. I noticed that my journal was open on her lap. She fell asleep while reading it. It got me curious as to what entry she had gone through. My thoughts were interrupted when nurse Wanda walked in the room. 

"Good morning Harry, I see —"

"Shh." I shushed her lowly. She looked around and saw why is said that. Her lips curled upwards in a smile, noticing Aubrey sleeping soundly.

"She hasn't left your side." She stated, as she checked my vitals, then clicked her pen closed. "She loves you a lot, you know?"

"I do, but I don't know why though. I put her in so much pain. She doesn't deserve me." I sighed.

"She might have mentioned it, but I know it's the last thing on her mind now. She knows how much you love her and she realised that she can't leave you, even if you did actually cheat. Actually, maybe not at that extent." She laughed softly.

"Yeah." I briefly nodded. It was clear that Aubrey confided in her, while I was in my coma. "I don't know how I got so lucky."

"The heart can do wonders." She winked. "But I know why, you seem to have a great personality, and I mean the looks too."

"Nurse Wanda." I gasped, with the quietest chuckle I could let out. I knew she didn't mean anything by it. The woman was in her fifties.

"Oh hush child, you're like my son. Don't deny it though. I'm just stating what she sees in you." She laughed lightly. "I don't want to ride the jealous train with Aubrey. I saw how she was talking to some of the other younger nurses. Even that love showed when you were unconscious."

"Like I said, I'm lucky." I smiled and she did the same. Like each time, she double checked if everything was normal and progressing. As soon as she mentioned that, I asked her a quick question, and she said that she'd ask the doctor to get a proper answer. I nodded then asked it she could pass me what was in my fiancé's lap. 

Fiancé. I missed that. God I missed her. She slowly took it and handed it to me before she left, also saying she'd send over some breakfast soon. My fingers held onto my leather bound book around and I smiled as I realised which pages were open. I turned my focus back onto my sleeping angel.

Oh God she was adorable. I smiled as she stirred slightly in her sleep, then rubbed her eyes as she woke up. I saw her as she yawned widely, but I closed my eyes, pretending I was still asleep.

"Good morning Harry. I know you're awake." She laughed.

"Morning my little lion." I chuckled. "That was one heck of a yawn."

"Oh." Her eyes widened slightly as she sucked in her lips.

"It was cute." I smirked and she blushed. I missed that blush of hers. I missed her smile. I missed the way her green eyes would sparkle whenever she looked at anyone, giving them their full attention. I missed every single thing about her. One month apart from her, felt like an eternity.