Chapter 19. Part I.

Harry's POV*

"Knock-knock." Aubrey said as she entered the room, her fingers were still interlaced within mine. Gemma was just behind the privacy curtain. My dad seemed to have paid a lot of money to get her a single room to herself. There was no one else to bother her, except myself. 

"Who's there?" A fainted voice spoke out. Aubrey pulled back the curtain and her face was revealed to me. Bruises covered her face and arms. A white cast was wrapped around her neck, as well as a one around her wrist. She was pulled up on the bed, seemed to have just finished eating lunch or dinner. I don't know what it would have been considered as. Her normal skin tone was fair as it always as been, with dark hair that came down to her shoulders. She looked sick and in pain, but it was my duty as a brother to help her during this time. 

"Harry?" Her voice came out a little clearer this time. Looking surprised, her face could barely make an expression, but it showed that she was in shock to see me here. I was in shock of myself. 

"Yeah. It's me and all of my own self. This is my girlfriend, Aubrey. I don't know if you've heard anything about her. Anyway, dad came by yesterday, and told me you were in the hospital. I came as soon as I heard." I told her, fibbing a little bit, but it was the best thing I could think of to say. For all I know about her, she could easily say that I came as a pity visit or something similar of that sort. 

"Dad mentioned something about her, but it's nice to meet you. I actually didn't expect you to come. Especially since we both haven't really been apart of each other's lives." She said looking down, having some sorrow in her tone. 

"Nice to meet you too." Aubrey spoke softly with a smile. Her hand was still in mine. Gemma nodded at her, attempting to smile back trying not to feel the pain. 

There was silence within our conversations. I wasn't so sure of what to say to her. It's been years since I've seen her. I barely know anything about her, other than the fact that she lives with our dad, and that she also works for him.

"I'm sorry." She blurted out, looking up, and straight into my eyes. Shocked from her expression and phrase. I never thought that she would ever apologize for being the way she is. At least the way I've known her to be. We've never been close, she'd always try and take my things when I was younger. I was thrilled when I found out she was not going to be living with us anymore. Knowing all of this, I still regret not knowing her. 

My heart suddenly began to beat loudly and I could feel as if I were about to faint, but I was holding myself together. She's apologizing for what she did in the past, or somewhat recently. I don't really know exactly. All I know is that she is apologizing for her actions, some in which I should be doing the exact same for. 

Aubrey's hand was released from mine. Almost as if she was pushing me to repeat what my sister was saying or at least comfort her in some way.

"I accept your apology. But I just don't want to leave it at that. I also apologize for acting so selfish and not even taking into consideration that you are my older sister. Half or full sister, will never justify the fact that both of us are blood related. I'm sorry for not being there for you when or if you ever needed me." I said walking towards her in the bed. 

Her room looked of extreme high class, of course my father would pay to get her in a single room that looks like this. It could barely even classify as a hospital room. Class is something he really appreciates. 

My eyes were focused on her injuries, but she seemed to be in a happy mood. Maybe it's because I'm here? But no, I wouldn't cause any smile on her face. I don't even know if it would work in the opposite way.