Chapter 16.

Aubrey's POV*

Waking up in the morning, it was another sunny day, which was interesting considering that this is the United Kingdom. I do love the rain at times, but the sun is something I can't live without. Looking over, I found Harry sleeping.

Laying my head onto the pillow, I kept replaying what Harry told me last night, "I promised you that I would keep you safe. And I know it's still early for this, but I love you." Love. That word itself gave me goosebumps all over my body. I couldn't believe my ears, it was a surreal moment that I just couldn't believe that those words were directed to me. I already knew that Harry had and has feelings for me, but love wasn't something that crossed my mind. Even though they definitely crossed mine when it came towards him. I know I love him, but it is early for it all, I just have to show my feelings to him in a way where he understands them mutually, just not directly. At least, not yet.

Looking back at the window, the sun streamed in at a considerably high point. It wasn't that early, but it wasn't late enough for us to be sleeping in. I suppose with yesterday's excessive stressing out and energy that was put in, it was definitely worth the extra rest. I moved slightly over, to plant a small kiss on his cheek, but I pulled away quickly as I felt pain erupt within me. 

Tracing my fingers over my lips, the swelling on them has increased a lot since last night. The wounds on my legs were feeling heavier and swollen as well. I think I'll be needing quite a few pain killers today to help with this unmemorable agony. 

Sliding out of bed slowly, I was making sure I was careful enough to not wake him up. My whole plan backfired as I stumbled over my own two feet, hitting the dresser. Harry sprung up quickly from the bed and was over to my side within seconds. 

"Are you okay?" He asked worryingly. 

"Yeah, I just tripped. Sorry I woke you." I told him, trying to get myself back up into a vertical stance. 

"Woke me, why did you wake me up in the first place? Come on, sit down here, babe." He spoke as I was moved to the edge of the bed. Harry was in his typical outfit, no shirt and some pants, and it was really hard to keep my mind on track to anything he said as his unclothed top-half faced me. 

"So tell me, why didn't you wake me up?" He asked again while sitting next to me. One leg was folded up onto the bed, the other was on the ground. His legs were too tall, so his feet never dangled from the bed. 

"I just saw you sleeping so nicely. I also didn't want to wake you because we stayed up late last night. Just giving you a little bit of extra rest time." I told him, trying to pry open a large smile on my face, but it wasn't stretching far from the swelling.

"Sleeping so nicely. I should mock you for that, but I won't." He said in a teasing voice, then partially frowned afterwards. "Anyway, when's your friend getting here?" I looked at the clock, it read, eleven-oh-two. 

"Her train gets in at one. I don't know how far the train station is from here." I explained solemnly. 

"It's about a twenty minute drive, sometimes a half hour with traffic. We have just enough time to get ready and eat something before we go." He said with the frown remaining on his face.

"Are you upset from something? You can't seem to smile this morning." I asked. 

"How can you expect me to smile, if you can't? Besides, I smiled a little while ago." He replied anxiously. 

"You can smile. I want to see your smile, just because I can't, doesn't mean you shouldn't." We both sat in silence for a few moments. I stared into his eyes, forcing mine to not look down. His eyes were darted back towards mine. He took a deep breath as his eyes were still focused on mine. Almost as if he was about to surrender his serious face for a softer look.