Chapter 58.

Before I start, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for the late update. I'm travelling and it's hard to find some quiet time to write. I also tried to write on the plane, but failed to do so. So anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Song for the chapter:

Lady in Red - Chris De Burgh

Aubrey's POV.

"Harry, no, not that tree."

"Why not?"

"Look at it, it's not a happy tree."

"My apologises miss Brook, I wasn't aware that trees have feelings."

"They don't, at least, not that I know of. "I lightly laughed. "It just looks sad, all of its branches are droopy."

"Alright, not this one. How about that one?" He said and pointed to a tree that was basically dead.

"Seriously Harry?" I raised a brow at him.

"Okay, okay." He laughed and I walked a bit further away from him.

There weren't that many trees left since there were only a few days left until Christmas.

It was a new experience for the both of us as a couple. Spending Christmas together and making new memories during the holidays. It was something that I was incredibly excited for. This whole season was one of my favourite times of the entire year; and this year, I was over the moon thrilled with joy to spend it with my favourite person.

"Oh Harry, Harry! This one, I found one!" I jumped and clapped my hands with joy. I felt like a little child, but I didn't care.

The tree was absolutely faultless. The height was just right, not too tall or short; and it was the same with the width. The colour was a rich evergreen tree with healthy pines and as greenest as could be. To me, it was the all around greatest Christmas tree I'd ever seen.

My boyfriend appeared behind a couple of trees and he wore the biggest smile on his face.

"It's perfect." He said.

"It is indeed." I said and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist. He looked at me and grinned.

"You're perfect."

"No, you are." I argued.

"I beg to differ, but you know, if we stay arguing about this, we'd never leave our spot."

"Point taken."

"What do you say we take this beauty home?" He spoke and I nodded.

Harry found the tree farm salesman and bought it. We struggled a little bit to carry it to the SUV and strap it on the roof. The two of us couldn't wait to bring it home.

..

"Rhea, babe, I'm tired. Can we please decorate it tomorrow?"

I could tell that he wanted to make happy and put up all of the decorations we'd bought together, but he did look completely beat. I knew that he hadn't slept that much in the past few days doing practice essays and I knew he'd woken up earlier than usual to go over his notes again. I'd woken up extra early to go to the university. His first exam was this morning and his next two were tomorrow.

"Please Harry?" I pouted.

"Darling, if I could, I would." He tiredly said.

"Alright." I sighed and smiled in understanding. It did take a bit more energy to be able decorate for Christmas and I definitely didn't want him to pass out quarter way in.