Shattered Pt. 2 - Prinxiety

"You didn't have to do that, Princey."

"You're my boyfriend. I would do anything for you."

Virgil snuggled closer to Roman, releasing a soft breath. He was in his old hoodie, which had been downgraded to pyjamas. The warmth of each other felt nice in the cool room.

"So... What did he mean?" Roman asked as he sat up, rubbing the small bruise on his arm. One day had passed since they met WN, and Roman was still confused. He let Virgil rest after WN left, but time was quickly running out. There was a high chance that both of them could be dead by tomorrow, and Roman was not one for losing.

Virgil sat up, his eyes darting around the room in the anxiety bubbling up in him. "I met him a couple years ago, when I was still in the lair of the dark sides. He lured me in; told me he loved me for who I was, which was something no one ever said to me before. As Thomas grew, I started getting more powerful, along with him. He was my way to cope with my anxiety, with his flashes of pain to bring me back to reality. I... I became addicted." Virgil glanced down, while Roman stared in shock. Finally, after a long pause of silence, he started rubbing soothing circles on Virgil's back, urging him to continue.

"We became a couple, until I was transferred to be one of the main sides. At first, it made me love him even more, because of the way you all were treating me, which has been long forgiven, just to let you know. Anyway, after you all started to accept me, I finally realized that he didn't love me, he was just using me for power. I broke up with him... but he would come back every once in a while. Every time I see the black mist..." Virgil trailed off, grasping Roman like his life depended on it. Roman clung to him tightly as well, whispering soothing affirmations in his ear.

Virgil let go of the hold, rubbing his eyes as he continued. "This last visit, he gave me a deal. It's more of a would you rather in real life, but these options aren't fun. He said I could either come back to the dark sides with him, becoming his lover once again so he can rise up- or - I don't do that, Leaving all of us- including Patton and Logan- to be killed."

Roman sat up straight, his expression unreadable.

"Then we'll just have to kill him first."

~~~~~

"I Would Say I Was Surprised To See You Here, But Yet Again, I Knew You Knew Where To Find Me," WN said, once again moving his face away from Virgil. He was sitting underneath a bonsai tree, hidden away in the Imagination. It overlooked all of the Imagination, from the village to the mountains. Virgil marvelled the view for a few seconds before hesitantly stepping closer.

"Sure. So, are we going to talk?" Virgil glanced around, trying to see if any of the dark sides were lurking around, waiting to pounce if WN said so.

"Either You Love Me Forever, Or You Die. I'll Be Sure To Kill Patton First If You Choose The Wrong Path. He Always Was Like Your Dad, Wasn't He?" WN said, his mist getting darker in power. He was feeding off of Virgil's fear, and his love for the others.

"It won't matter anyway, I'm coming with you," Virgil paused, seeing the glint of metal in the shadows. "I thought about it, and... Well, you were right. I don't know how to control my power, and I do need you. Besides, Roman was only temporary. You are what I truly want."

WN stood up, walking over to Virgil. His sockets seemingly stared into Virgil's soul, a small smile on his face. "You Know," WN started, "As Much As I Love You, Acting Wasn't Your Strong Suit. But, You Know, Practice Makes Perfect." WN scowled as he flashed his teeth, the sharp points gleaming in the light. WN lunged at Virgil, anger fueling his attack.

"Roman, now!" Virgil dodged WN's attack, stepping to the side, which caused WN to fall flat on the ground. Roman jumped out of the bushes, his sword pointed at WN. Virgil ran to Roman, standing behind him in fear of the other man.

The dark trait got up, brushing off the dirt from himself. His mist swirled around him, whipping around quickly in rage and anticipation.

"So, That's How You Want To Play. Very Well Then. Let The Games Begin, And May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor."

Spikes of the mist flew to The couple, Roman deflecting each spike. He slowly stepped closer and closer to WN, who was still (telepathically) throwing the spikes. As Roman neared closer and closer, Virgil waited for the right time to pounce, just as they planned.

"Hey WN."

"What, You Fool?"

"What's the difference between a piano, a can of tuna, and a tub of glue?"

"Don't Care."

"Well, you change tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!"

"Wait, What About The-"

Virgil took this opportunity to grab WN while he was busy. He tackled his ex, wrestling him to the ground. Once Virgil got a fair hold of the other, he  allowed his Anxiety to flow into WN. WN felt this, and tried to fight back with his own flow of power. Black and purple mist intertwined with each other, trying to push forward like an arm wrestling match.

They stayed like that for a good five minutes, both darkly-clothed traits straining to get the upper hand. Finally, one strand of purple mist broke through. Then another, and another, until finally, the black mist faded away, leaving Virgil's power seeping through WN.

"How? You used To be powerless Before!"

"Didn't you ever learn that true love triumphs over all?" Virgil teasingly asked, increasing his powers to get rid of WN once and for all. Roman stood to the side and watched, both happy for yet scared of Virgil.

WN groaned in pain, his energy slowly decreasing as he was being erased from Thomas' mind. He looked at his hand, which was slowly disappearing from thin air.

"Is true Love really that powerful?"

Virgil stared into WN's eyes, feeling no remorse as he continued erasing the last of him away.

"Patton and Logan would have a better answer. They are practically soulmates. Besides, practice makes perfect."

And with that, WN was gone, leaving Roman and Virgil free from the clutches of the mysterious WN.

A/N: I am so sorry about my update schedule. I have been studying for my finals and my EOG's, but come next week, I should be updating more regularly. I hope you enjoyed this, and I know it's not as good as my normal One-shots... But when you write a tiny peice each night at two in the morning, thoughts get a bit jumbled. Also, good luck to others on their finals and EOG tests.