Instructions - LAMP

Thank you SmilleeFace11 for Writing my requested one shot. This is my version of the story. Hope you like it! Underlined and italics mean thoughts.

Get some furniture, they said.
it'll be fun, they said.
Go to IKEA, they said.
NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, THEY SAID.

Well, that all went out the window when the sides decided to buy a cabinet drawer for the house. No one really knew why, but they all decided to go to IKEA for some new furniture. When they looked at the prices, they decided to buy one thing: a small cabinet chest.

Currently, they were trying to put it together with the famous multilingual instructions.
"Roman, you know Spanish, what does it say!?"
"Why don't you just find the English instructions, Virgil?!?"
"Why don't I- Because I can't find them, Smart one!"
As Roman and Virgil were arguing once again, Patton was looking at their monstrosity. Just by a glance, you couldn't tell what it was. The slightest glare could probably send it tumbling into a pile of wood and screws.

Logan was working on organizing Roman's ideas for future videos, when he heard Roman and Virgil arguing. Curious, he went downstairs to find a huge mess. Some type of creation was in the center of the living room. There were screws all over the floor, and Roman was holding an instruction packet upside-down.

"What is going on here?" Logan asked, trying to peice this scene together.
"Well Kiddo, we went to IKEA today, and bought a drawer, but we're having a bit of trouble putting it together."
As Logan was listening to Patton, he helped Roman find the English instructions on the packet and pilled all of the screws together.
"Oh. Well, I could assist if possible. I don't appreciate the mess, and it's already nine p.m. . If we work on it now, we could finish it sooner, that is, of course, if-"
"Logie, your rambling again."

Logan's eyes widened slightly, before he remained his professional self again. "My apologies, shall we get started?"

*Time skip brought to you by my laziness*

2:17 a.m.

Logan looked at his watch to see the time. The chest wasn't finished yet, but everyone was asleep. The only reason Logan wasn't was because he had a habit to stay wide awake until his projects we're finished.
Patton was sleeping against the side of the couch, Roman was on Patton's lap and Virgil was on top of them both, curled to a fetal position. If you looked at them from a certain angle, you would think they were playing Twister.

There's no point in waking them, Logan thought, before starting to pick up Virgil. He was the top of the pile, and the lightest sleeper.
Bridal style, he carried Virgil to his room, avoiding all of the creakiest spots in the house. His plaid black blanket was placed over him, as he murmured something about Dark Disney.

Roman was next, and Logan struggled a bit. Roman was the heaviest, but that was due to him being mostly muscle from all of his adventures. Thankfully, Logan was able to get him back to his elegant bed. Even in the dark, the gold touches still glittered and gleamed.

Patton was last, and he took the longest. Once every thirty seconds, he would talk about cookies, and try to climb out of Logan's arms. With this, it took Logan twice as long to get Patton to his room. He was finished putting the sides in bed by 3:02 a.m. .

Finally, I can finish this. Logan looked at the cabinet. It was about a quarter finished, and he still needed to clean up the cardboard mess they left trying to break the tape open. Also, he forgot to sandpaper the bottom of the drawer so it wouldn't be hard to pull it out.
Oh, boy.

~~~~~~~~~

10:06 a.m.

Roman woke up to the sound of birds chirping, his personal alarm being a prince and all. As he sleepily got out of bed, he fixed his hair and changed into his royal attire. He was going to ask Patton if he remembers what happened last night.

Patton woke up to the sound of knocking on his door. He staggered over to his door, where Roman was standing. His face showed a confused expression.

"Hey, Patton. Do you remember by any chance how we got in bed?"

Now that Patton actually started thinking about it, he couldn't remember either.

"Sorry, kiddo. Maybe Virgil knows. Let's go ask him."

Virgil was putting on his eyeshadow when Patton knocked on his door. After a brief explanation, he too, couldn't remember how they got upstairs.

"Well, Logan probably knows. He always stays up late for projects."

But when they looked in Logan's room, they were surprised to see that he wasn't in bed. In fact, he wasn't in his room at all.

Heading downstairs, Virgil checked downstairs to find him curled up on the floor. His glasses were askew, and his tie was laying next to him in a somewhat unwrinkled fashion. When it comes down to it, the Tie comes first.

"Hey guys, I found him," Virgil whispered, careful not to wake him up. Roman and Patton climbed down the stairs, whipping out their phones to take pictures. Once that was done, they started wondering how they were going to get him to bed. If Logan was left there, he would get a backache. However, if he was woken up, he wouldn't go back to sleep, and it looked as if he only had about an hour of sleep.

Roman- being the creative side - decided to roll him into a blanket and carry him up the stairs to his room using it.

They laid down his plaid deep blue and black blanket down on the floor, and slowly shifted Logan on to it. They almost got him on, before Logan seemed to wake up.

Logan let out a groan, and he rolled onto the blanket. He laid on his back as he slowly went back to sleep.

"Well, that makes life easier." Virgil said.

They conquered the stairs with ease, but the hallway was harder. Instead of curtains covering the windows, all of them were open, letting Logan know it was time to wake up.

He let out another groan and the sides became nervous. If he woke up, they knew Thomas wouldn't function properly today. Logan's eyes were starting to flutter and open a bit.

"What's goin on.." Logan slurred. He gripped the edge of the blanket tightly.

"Quick, softly swing the blanket," Roman whispered.

Virgil, Roman and Patton slowly swung the blanket on sync. Logan's hand started to relax and slip into the blanket. In turn, it landed on his belly.

After all of that, they finally got to Logan's room. They rolled him onto his bed, and placed the cover on top of him, the same he did for all of them. Virgil took off his glasses and placed them on his bed table. Patton took off Logan's shirt and gently changed him into his pyjamas. They were the same pattern as his bedsheets and his blanket. However, before the sides could leave, Logan started whimpering.

"Cold..."

Patton and Virgil climbed into his bed to snuggle him. Roman quietly hurried downstairs to check the thermostat. In the living room, it was 71°F. In Logan's room, it was 62°F. The energy saver Logan made a few months ago really did work. The heater in Logan's room should kick in soon. Before he climbed the stairs to join the snuggle group, something caught his eye. Roman turned his head to look:

It was a beautiful black chest with gold accents.

A/N
Hope you liked it. Have a good day!