"Nice Vin." Freyr said and offered his hand again for her to stand up. "Now we have to jump down a hole, right?" she asked while dusting off her pants.

"You two love birds, we don't have all day so hurry up!" It was the dark-skinned man from before who shouted.

Vinnie looked down with reddened cheeks caused by the name the man just gave Freyr and her.

"My name's Max." He told the group that was now gathered at the edge of the building. "Congratulations for getting so far but if you thought that jumping in and out of that train was everything then I'll have to disappoint you. This," he points to the hole in the building," is your final chance to get into initiation."

"How do we know that this is not our death?" an amity-born initiate in the group asked followed by snickers from the dauntless-born.

"Guess you'll have to see. How about you step to the front and jump first." Max suggested.

"I'd rather pass." The girl said silently.

"That was a demand not a question, initiate." he said through gritted teeth.

The initiate looked at him with horror in her eyes but still didn't dare to step to the edge. Instead she retreated and started to cry as soon as she reached the edge of the roof; unfortunately the one closest to the rails. She looked back at the group and jumped. Seconds later the young group of people heard a faint thud signalling that her time being was over.
No one said a word but instead looked at the ground for a while until Max found himself again.

"Well... that was very impulsive. Who's not scared and wants to go next? We don't have all day." He asked trying to sound tough after what he just witnessed.

Freyr immediately leaned towards Vinnie and whispered into her ear. "How about we jump together?"

Vinnie looked at him excitedly and nodded before he took her hand and lead her to the edge. Once they reached it, Max nodded approvingly.

"You ready?" Freyr asked, getting an excited nod from Vinnie. "Go!"

And with that they were on their way into a dark hole that hid something unknown.

Only a couple of moments later, the pair landed on a net that bounced and shot them back into the air a few feet. Vinnie laughed through all the process until the net calmed down and got held still by someone who signaled them to step off.

Freyr was the first to step off. Then he greeted the guy who held the net.

"Nice to see you stay Freyr." The guy said calmly.

'Hold on' Vinnie thought to herself while still laying on the net 'that voice sounds so familiar yet so different...' She immediately sat up and turned around to see who it was when she saw another familiar face.

"Eric?" she asked in disbelief.

"That's me." he said while helping her out of the net. "And you are?"

Apparently Eric was not the only one who had changed a lot in the past couple of years.

"I'm..." she hesitated, still wondering how he couldn't recognize her. "This girl, Eric," Freyr interrupted while wrapping an arm around her shoulders, "is legendary Vinnie. The most fearless newbie you will ever meet."

Eric raised his eyebrows, one of them now pierced, and stared at her in disbelief.

"Uhm... welcome Vinnie." He said still not believing that the girl in front of him was the same girl he saw at his own choosing ceremony and not just an imagination.