Chapter 22

I run across the Dingo window and watch as Dally laughs with his friends and plays pool.

I stare for a little and then feel relief come of my chest, I look around the Dingo for any abnormal people.

But all seemed to go well. I didn't want Dally to get into any of this, it was just some stupid prank probably, and it didn't matter.

They were just trying to scare us and I wasn't gonna let them. I hold Dally's necklace tightly in my hand and walk off.

He was okay, I thought to myself. Any way if anything did happen I knew Dally could handle himself.

•••

"Thanks.." I say to the cashier as he hands me my cigarettes. I walk out of the little store and head down the street, It was a warm spring day.

The sun was high in the sky and there wasn't a cloud in sight. I take out a weed and light it. "Gotta spare..?" Someone says from behind me.

I turn around, a medium sized guy asks me. He looked about 18 and had a scare across his face, "Who's asking..?" I say narrowing my eyes at him.

"The names Tim. Tim Shepard." He says cracking a half smile. I hand him the cigarette and he takes it and puts it between his lips.

He seemed strange to me, something about him gave me a upset feeling in my stomach. "Your Dally's girl.." He says taking the cigarette out of his mouth and blows the smoke.

"You know Dally..?" I say cocking an eyebrow, "Yeah..I know him.." He says chuckling the words out. "Dally's my pal. Bein best buds since we were first sent to the hell house.."

I look at him with confusin. Dally had never talked about him. I've never seen him around town and he didn't speak with a accent like Dally did.

"But we grew up..and now old Dal hasn't cared to come around anymore.." He says flicking the light buds off the end of the cigarette and stomps on them as they hit the floor

"What happened..?" I say lightly.

"He killed my brother.."