Chapter 2

"Sweet!" I say as I play at the pinball machine.

Leanne sits leaning against the wall smoking a cigarette. "Ugh..can we go now..?" She says rolling her eyes at me.

"Nope. About to beat my high score.."

I push the pedals like crazy and then Leanne starts to try and distract me.

"Ooo who's he..?" She says pointing in the other direction.

"Nice try.." I say annoyed.

"He's coming over here.." I don't say anything and continue with my game.

"Rey Wronkie." I don't look up and just say, "Yeah?" Still not paying any attention to the person.

"How about that drink?" I shot my head up and see Dallas Winston standing next to the pinball machine smirking at me.

The pinball machine starts blinking and says "Better luck next time!"

"Hi.." I say still with my hands on the pedals.

"I'm Leanne." Leanne says and pushes me out of the way and sticks out her hand to shake Dallas's.

"Yeah.yeah." Dallas says not even showing any sign of friendliness.

Leanne stands there for a second and then just scoots over.

"Like I was sayin, you me? Go get that drink..?" He says grinning.

"Yeah.." I start to blush and smile up at him.

"Well alright." He smiles back and waits for me to follow.

"I'll see ya later." I say to Leanne.

She just stands with her arms crossed and then just walks off.

Leanne always got the boys. She'd probably already had slept with half of the school, and she was proud of it.

"Sorry about Leanne.." I say feeling kind of jealous.

"It's cool, I know those type of girls when I see them." He says taking a blow from his cigarette.

"Type..?"

"The sluts. The type of girl that'll become a hooker by the time she's 20." He says not looking at me.

"So those aren't your type?" I cock an eyebrow.

"I mean, I like some action like any other guy,But I tend to like girls who, have terrible taste in music." He says turning to me and laughs.

•••

"So Rey Wronkie, tell me about yourself...?" He says grinning at me and takes a sip of his beer,

"I'm just another teenager girl trying to live in this crazy world.."

"How about you Winston..?" I say turning to him and smirk.

"I'ma juvenile delinquent, But really enjoys my label."

He says turning to me to see if I was gonna act out.

I smile at him and he does his usual smirk.

•••

"Damn it.." I say as Dallas hits another ball into the whole.

"I told you I was the king at pool!" He says giving me a told you so look.

"Yeah.yeah.." I say leaning over the pool table and take a shot. The ball spins and misses the other ball by a good 5 inches.

"I wasn't ever good at pool.." I say standing back up and look at the pool table with disapproval.

"Still aren't.." Dallas says laughing.

I roll my eyes at him and just lean back watching him take his shot.

"So how old are you..?" I ask, while observing his tall, well structured body.

"17." He says taking the shot and then stands back up and looks at me.

"Let me guess, 16,15..?" He looks me up and down and smirks.

"16." I say reassuring him.

"So your a...sophomore..?"

"Yeah, how about you?" I say taking my turn.

"I don't go to school..I haven't been going since I was 12." He says sorta embarrassingly.

"Just gave up?" I say focused on my shot.

"Didn't see a reason too.." He says leaning on the pool table and watches as my ball goes into the hole.

"You win." I say irritatedly.

I hated losing.

I make a sour face like a little kid and put my pool stick back.

"Maybe next time you'll beat me." He says while smirking.

"So. There's gonna be a next time..?" I say giving a sly smile.

"Well unless, you wanna stay the loser.." He say while grinning at me.

I smile down at my shoes and say,

"Well I guess your right..I have to prove you wrong."

"I'll come find you..." His words come out cooly and he walks off.

I sit dumbfounded and slowly feel my insides turn into warm spirts of happiness.