Chapter 1

"Rey..Rey wake up.." A voice says to me.

"Leave me alone.." I say pushing the hand away that shakes me awake.

"Wake up!.." I finally roll on my side and open my eyes to my 19 year old brother Danny.

"You gotta get ready for school.."

"Alright..I'm getting up.." I say sitting up and rub my eyes until they burn.

Me and Danny had moved to Tulsa last year.

Our mom died from an illness and our dad was a complete maniac, who always put his girlfriends before his own kids.

So when Danny saved up enough money he moved himself and I up; further north.

It wasn't far from home but far enough that we could get away from everyone.

Soon after, Danny graduated high school and became a mechanic.

Danny never gave up on things and always saw some sort of good in people.

And that's why I think I admire him.

Danny isn't just my older brother. He's my hero and my best friend.

I love him with all my heart and even more than that.

Danny was the dad I never had and always took care of me when I was little.

Practically raised me, after our mom passed away.

He made sure I went to school, did my homework and stayed out of trouble.

I loved Danny more than words could ever explain.

I wanted to make him proud.

I promised myself that I'd repay him for all he's done.

That, when I get a nice job, I'd buy him a fancy house and a nice car.

The things that all kids wanna do for their parents.

"Hurry up! Or your gonna be late.." Danny yells from the kitchen.

"I'm going!" I yell back and hurry and get dressed.

•••

"Pssst!" I say under my breathe, while throwing paper wades to my best friend Jenny.

She finally turns around and scolds me.

"What..?" She half whispers,

 I raise my eyebrows to her and then stare at Jim Weekly.

Jenny had a major crush on him since grade school, but was to shy to ever talk to him.

She blushes and glares at me.

I crack up in my seat, holding my stomach because it starts to cramp up.

"Miss. Wronkie..is something funny..?"

Mrs. Joy asks from her desk.

I clear my throat and say, "No ma'am.."

My cheeks begin to flush and I sit a bit straighter and get back to work.

•••

At lunch, me and my friends gossip about couples in school.

I was quite popular.

I didn't necessary hang out with the top dogs but everyone knew who I was and pretty much everyone was my friend.

"Yeah did you hear about Bob Sheldon..? 

He was caught makin out with another girl from Jimberry High, and Cherry broke up with him.."

Leanne says causing our whole table to start bursting out into conversation.