Chapter 43: The moment

Claire's P.O.V. (The same day)

Braden and I are on his bed, he is leaning up against the wall and I am in his lap. My head is on his stomach and I am laying the short way on his bed, our bodies are making a 't'. He is slowly stroking the top of my head with his thumb while I am looking around his room, not really comprehending what I see. I feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier, being persuaded to close by the soothing movement of Braden's hands, but I am determined to stay awake. After a while I don't feel the soothing motion anymore, but I still feel a hand on my head. I look up and see Braden is asleep. I guess he didn't sleep enough last night, or the nightmare tired him out. I just lean my head back to normal position and give in to my heavy eyes.

***

I feel the soothing movement again on my head, I just get lost in it. It just feels so relaxing, like nothing can disturb me. I move my head a little and remember that I'm on Braden.

"Claire?" I hear him ask quietly. I just re position my head on his stomach in response. "Claire?" he asks again softly. I open my eyes slowly and see my feet. I look up and to my left and see Braden looking down.

"Hey." He says continuing the motion.

"Hey." I say back smiling. He continues the motion during the silence that falls between us. He leans down and quickly kisses my nose. I turn around so I am laying on my stomach, and I run my fingers over Braden's stomach while I smile up at him. He is looking down at me and he puts his hand on the side of my face.

"You're so beautiful." He whispers. I smile and look down at his stomach before looking back up at him and seeing his blue eyes looking down at me.

"Thanks." I say blushing.

"You're not gonna tell me I'm beautiful?" he asks.

"See, we were having this moment and you go and ruin it by trying to be funny." I say.

"Oh please. Me? Ruin a moment? That's crazy!" he says sarcastically.

"You just did it again. You could have made the moment even more romantic if you kissed me or somethi-" and I am cut off by Braden's mouth crashing against mine. He is sitting up, but leaning down so he can reach me. I lean my head up so I can reach him. He pulls back almost immediately.

"This has to be the most awkward way to kiss someone." He says laughing.

"Well at least you tried to correct your moment ruining." I say sarcastically.

"Well if you can move over to right here we can make sure I don't continue ruining the moment." He says with a smirk.

"Over to right here?" I ask mocking him.

"Yes, over to right here. Look who's ruining the moment now." He says throwing his hands up in the air.

"Fine." I say turning over so I am on my butt and my legs are over his waist. I pull him to me by his shoulders and he turns his head to the left because we are sideways. He puts his hand on my ribs as I move my hands to his neck. We are still kissing, full of passion and love. I never thought I would feel that again, especially with Braden, of all people. I pull back and see his eyes are still closed from the kiss.

"Better?" I ask.

"I still think you have some making up to do from the moment ruining." He says leaning towards me. And I lean back.

"If you want to keep kissing me, just say so." I tell him.

"I want to keep kissing you." He says seriously.

I begin to slowly pull him to me and when our lips are about to touch I whisper "That's all you had to say." And then we kiss again. He pulls me into his lap so I am sitting on him, while all at the same time never moving his hands off of my ribs. I wrap my arms around his neck and I clasp my hands together behind Braden's head. He then slowly stars to move his hands down my body, and I move my hands to his hair. His hands get to my waist and I feel his fingertips on my bare skin, right underneath the hem of my hoodie. He must feel it too because he pulls his hand away and puts it back on my waist. We continue to kiss as I run my fingers through his long hair. We slowly pull away at the same time and look into each other's eyes.