Chapter 11

Tinywind glared at her Clanmates as they padded into BoltClan territory. Just a while ago, they had driven out the third Clan, SnowClan fighting at their side. The two Clans agreed to split the remaining territory, but she refused to set paw where BoltClan belonged.

“Come on Tinywind! There are herbs you used to gather beyond the border. How is it any different now?” She could hear Silvernose call to her, her green eyes glittering with amusement.

“There have always been three Clans. Even when MoonClan attacked, there were three. Why have we done this?” She responded as she rose to her paws. Tinywind lashed her tail as she padded along the border, nervously glancing between the territories.

Come on, Tinywind! You have to do this! Crossing the border, she headed towards the opposite end of the forest. Waterleaf said they should head for the top border if the fight gets too bad, perhaps that is where they ended up. She leapt over the stream, the tip of her tail hitting the edge of the water.

A trail of faded BoltClan warriors met her nose and she followed it, the scent getting stronger as she passed through the top border. Her pelt prickled as she continued, padding through No-Clan land was unnerving at times. As she pushed through a bush, the reek of BoltClan buffeted her nose.

“What do you mean?” She recognized Thunderstar’s voice, the leader having been spotted speaking multiple times at Rallies. Tinywind’s pelt fluffed up as she approached.

“I mean the Clan. Thunderstar, do you have bees in your brain? We got kicked out of our camp, and I don't see what we can do,” a tom’s voice mewed, an edge in his tone. Her ear twitched as she tried to remember who it was.

“Grassfelt, I know it's hard but we have to stay strong. We can't think of a solution to this big of a problem in less than a day. I just got back from ThunderClan, I need some time to address the situation.”

“ThunderClan? What is that?” Tinywind spoke out, slapping a paw over her muzzle as soon as the words escaped her mouth.

“Who was that!?” Grassfelt pushed through the bush, his gaze snapping to Tinywind, who was crouched with a paw over her mouth.

“Who is it?” Thunderstar asked as she padded around the bush, nearly tripping over the MistClan medicine cat. “Tinywind? What are you doing here?”

“What's the point of asking her? She is MistClan. She could be a spy,” the black warrior was glaring at her, his claws unsheathed and digging into the dirt.

“She is a medicine cat, Grassfelt. I don't see any worry,” Thunderstar defended her, her tail resting across Tinywind’s shoulders. “Now, I ask again; what are you doing here?

“I...I want to join BoltClan,” she mewed, standing tall between the two cats. Her tail brushed the undergrowth, a sense of unease swept through her.

“You have got to be kidding me,” Grassfelt snorted, padding to stand closer to his leader.

“I am being serious. I refuse to spend another day in that Clan. Not now, not ever. They have killed everyone I care about,” Tinywind responded, glancing hopefully at Thunderstar.

“Grassfelt, go back to camp. I will deal with her,” Thunderstar’s voice was emotionless, her eyes not giving anything away. The tom nodded to her before turning and heading down a slope.

“Thunderstar, ple-"

“I don't see any issue with it. However, the Clan might feel different about it. Until I get a clear response from them, would you mind staying with the elders?”