Chapter 8

Thunderstar walked next to Bluestorm, the two keeping an eye out for the missing warriors. They patrolled around the top border, a noise catching her attention. She padded towards it, tasting the air. Underneath the scent of fresh air and prey, she could make out three cats. Breezetail and Frostwhisker soon came into view, a grey cat walking between them.

“What are you two doing past the border?” Bluestorm questioned, moving to stand beside his leader. The third cat’s ear twitched at the sound of his voice.

“Who is that?” Thunderstar mewed as the party crossed the border. The tom looked up at her, his blue eyes just staring into her.

“Isn't he lovely? I brought him here, away from a group of rogues, since he seemed like he would fit in better here,” Breezetail replied, padding past her leader towards the camp.

“Please don't be mad at me. She's a senior warrior, I didn't want to hear her rant if I didn't listen. I kept them safe, though,” Frostwhisker whispered, his tail drooping.

“I want to speak to whoever is in charge. I have some words that they need to hear,” the grey tabby hissed, glaring in front of him.

“Thunders-"

“Let's get you to camp and see if our leader wants to speak with you. That sound okay?” Thunderstar spoke, placing her tail over his shoulder and leading him towards the camp. Bluestorm trotted at her side.

Silence filled the air between them, only broken by the scuttle of prey. Upon reaching the stream, she lead the two across the stone bridge, as to not get their paws wet.

Thunderstar’s nose twitched before a sneeze burst out, causing the tabby to flinch. She muttered an apology before removing her tail from his shoulders, placing it along his nose. The three pushed through the camp entrance, the excited chatter faded to just whispers.

“I'm tired of you treating me like a lost kit! I'm not helpless!” The tom snapped, swatting her tail away with his paw. “I don't want to be here anymore than you want me here.”

“Bluestorm, go get our leader,” she turned toward the deputy, “and make sure she wants to listen to this outsider.”

“Thunderstar, I don't know what trick you're playing but I have no idea what you want me to do. Do you want me to go get Waterleaf and ensure that our guest isn't injured?”

“Anyways,” she dismissed his words with the flick of a paw. “I would appreciate having the honor of your name before we discuss business.”

“There is no business to discuss! Your warriors took me away from my Clan and forced me here! I even told my leader that escorting your warriors out of our territory myself was an extremely mouse-brained idea! Now, take me back to ThunderClan territory before I claw all of your ears off!”

“Wait...your Clan? I thought you were a...rogue? Breezetail is going to get an earful!” Thunderstar hissed, taking a glance toward the medicine den. “I apologize for the behavior of my warriors. If you would like, i will escort you back to your camp myself to apologize to your leader as well. Does that sound like a plan, er…”

“Jayfeather. And it doesn't matter to me, as long as that she-cat stays as far away from me as possible.” Jayfeather grumbled, glaring at the warriors den, Breezetail running a paw over her ear.

“Would you want something to eat first or would you want to leave as soon as Waterleaf is done checking you for injuries?” Thunderstar asked, sweeping her tail from Bluestorm to the medicine den, gaining a small nod.