A Night to Remember // Part Three

I managed to convince Jughead to at least let me talk to Kevin about taking over the role as Carrie

I managed to convince Jughead to at least let me talk to Kevin about taking over the role as Carrie. Even though my raven-haired boyfriend was against it, he caved, but swore he wasn't going to let it happen if Kevin said yes.

I left the student lounge to head back to the auditorium, using one of Jughead's hoodies to cover my thighs and hiding my hands in the sleeves. Kevin had just called for a break, luckily, as soon as we walked in.

"Kev!" I called out, earning his attention as he spun around to face me.

His eyes lit up in recognition as he walked away from his table. "Savanna! About time. I was wondering where you went. Where's my tea?"

My eyes widened as I realized after everything, I still didn't get his tea. Suddenly, Jughead's hand was reaching past me, handing out a new cup to Kevin. I blinked, glancing back at my boyfriend in gratefulness as Kevin thanked him.

"So, what's up? Need something?" Kev asked after he took a drink of his tea.

I pulled my eyes away from Jughead to nod. "Yeah, actually. About the role of Carrie-"

"Oh!" Kevin interrupted as he turned to face the stage. "I appointed it to Midge. She was next in line after Cheryl anyway, so I figured it would only be right."

My jaw dropped slightly but I quickly recovered, knowing it would look bad if not. "Oh, okay. Awesome. Good. I just wanted to check and see if you needed any help trying to figure out what to do but Midge was my recommendation anyway, so."

Kevin nodded. "Cool. I'm going to head back now, we need to be at least two scenes after this by the end. Let's go people!" He spun around and walked back up, leaving us to watch him.

I sighed, wrapping my arms around myself. "That didn't go as planned."

Jughead came up behind me, his chest pressed against my back as he rubbed my arms. "Don't worry about it. He wanted Cheryl gone, he got that wish."

I turned to face him, the sleeves of his hoodie bunching at my wrists. "What if something happens because I don't take that role? That's on me."

Jughead shook his head, both of his palms gently grabbing my cheeks as he kissed my forehead gently. "Nothing will happen to you. I promise."

I glanced over my shoulder to see everyone back on stage, this time Midge and Alice preparing to do their scene as I forced a nod to Jughead to make him drop the topic. I had a feeling he wasn't going to be able to keep that promise.

--

Opening night had finally fallen on the little cast I had come to know so well. Between helping with pitch to rehearsing lines, I'd say this cast knew each other better than ever. Everyone was currently piled in the dressing rooms, various makeup and hair tools scattered around as the cast got ready for costume.