Nighthawks // Part Three

The next few days were chaos with setting up for Pop's, avoiding my parents, and preparing for FP's trial

The next few days were chaos with setting up for Pop's, avoiding my parents, and preparing for FP's trial. I eventually found myself sitting in between Betty and Jughead, watching as Cheryl made her way up to the stand.

"Miss Blossom, you may proceed with your statement." The judge looked over at Cheryl.

The redhead made eye contact with me before speaking, "Your Honor, I speak for myself and my mother when I say we forgive FP Jones for the part he played in covering up my brother's murder. We humbly ask the court for leniency." Cheryl looked over at the judge before turning back to the crowd. "FP's guilt has been blown out of proportion to satiate what my father's suicide denied us...closure."

The judge leaned over to look at Cheryl. "As much as I sympathize, I can't ignore the quality of Mr. Jones' crimes. There were no extenuating circumstances."

I could see the defeated body language in the Jones men at the judge's words. Looking up, I met Cheryl's gaze again, raising my eyebrow. If she didn't come up with something quick, that video was going viral.

"My father threatened him," She rushed. "I overheard them talking in Daddy's study. Daddy said he would hurt Jughead if FP didn't comply. Is that extenuating enough?"

I bit my lip at the tension in the room. Jughead's back tensed up when he name was brought into play. I could see Betty watching intently out of the corner of my eye.

The judge sat back in his seat. "In light of these revelations, I suggest that we take a step back and reevaluate certain aspects of the case. At which time we will revisit the sentencing. Adjourned." The gavel slammed down as he stopped talking.

I breathed a sigh of relief as everyone began shifting. Jughead stood up to wrap FP in a hug, both of them crying. I smiled softly at the sight and pushed myself off the seat. I followed Betty out towards the car, knowing Jughead would come find us eventually.

We already had our clothes packed in the backseat for the Pop's event. It wasn't going to disappoint, that was for sure. I was excited, now that all the hard work was over.

"So," Betty's voice broke me out of my trance, "How'd you do it?"

I turned towards her, confused. "Do what?"

"Convince Cheryl to help." Jughead came up from behind me. "How'd you do it?"

I sighed and looked at my feet. "Magic?"

Jughead titled his head. "Sav."

"Fine, I blackmailed her," I admitted.

Betty's eyes widened. "You used the video against her?"

I nodded. "I got that and the Vixens for tonight. They should be with Ronnie right now."

Both of my friends attacked me with hugs, squeezing me tightly. I tensed up at first but relaxed in their hold.