The Hills Have Eyes // Part Two

hahahah good luck

hahahah good luck

--

The two hour car ride flew by, seeing as I slept for majority of it. Archie and Veronica had been awake, whispering back and forth every few minutes. Jughead fell asleep on top of me at some point because I remembered hearing Veronica take pictures and fawn over how cute we looked.

Eventually, the trees became crowded and the pavement turned to gravel as we made our way down the private drive that led to the cabin. Everyone in the car was silent at that point, just taking in the view.

Andre pulled up to the driveway and put the car in park before climbing out. I shoved the blanket off my lap and unbuckled. The idea of getting out of this cramped car sounded fantastic right about now.

Jughead's door was pulled open by Andre as we started getting out. I grabbed my bag from the floor and moved across the seats. Taking both Jughead's and Andre's hands, I managed to not fall out of the car and made it safely, even in heels.

I kept my hand in Jughead's as Andre moved to help Veronica and Archie out. I walked away from the car to look over the edge, a feeling of nostalgia overwhelming me.

"It's been way too long," I mumbled with a smile.

Jughead chuckled, "Tell me about it. I can't tell you the last time I left Riverdale."

"When I was younger, we'd come here every summer whenever my dad could sneak away for a weekend," Ronnie said as she and Archie walked towards us.

Jughead looked over as they stopped next to him. "You weren't kidding. It really was the last house on the left."

"I'll help you with the bags," Andre called out as he opened the trunk.

Veronica shook her head. "No, no. We've got it." She nodded towards the car. "Archie."

I rolled my eyes at her actions. "Classic Ronnie."

She gave me a smile before tugging me out of Jughead's arms and into hers. "TTFN, Andre. We'll see you Sunday night at 7:00 p.m., and not a second earlier." Turning back around, she began pulling me along. "Just like the old days, huh?"

I reached out and grabbed Jughead's hand with my free one. "Just like the old days except these are going to be even better."

Veronica led us up to the door before unlocking it with the key. The inside still looked the same as it did last summer, rustic and antique. Jughead and Archie set everything down by the couches, piling the bags on top of each other.

I looked at Veronica, giving her a teasing smile as we faced the boys, "Welcome to what we humbly like to call,"

"Lodge Lodge," We finished in unison, earning chuckles in response. The sound of a phone ringing filled the room before Jughead walked out onto the balcony to answer it.