The Town That Dreaded Sundown // Part Two

Due to my inability to sleep, I figured I could drag Betty with me to bother Jughead about his lack of presence yesterday

Due to my inability to sleep, I figured I could drag Betty with me to bother Jughead about his lack of presence yesterday. So that's how at 7:15 we ended up at FP's trailer with our books in hand, determined to wake the sleepy teenage boy up.

"Betty, Savanna? What time is it?" Jughead rubbed his eyes as he pulled the door open.

Betty pushed her way through. "7:15. We wanted to catch you before we went to school."

I followed in behind her and pressed a kiss on my boyfriend's cheek. He grumbled something about morning breath as he closed the door behind us. I took a seat at the table, tossing my backpack next to me.

"You guys want coffee or something?" He asked as he locked the door. We both shook our heads.

"We're actually on our way to the library. I asked Ms. Paroo to set aside all the books she has about cryptograms and ciphers," Betty explained, "I thought it might help us crack the Black Hood's code. Which I'm hoping is something we can all do together, Jug."

I watched from my spot at the table as Jughead froze. There was a moment of silence as Betty turned to give me a look.

"Um..actually, funny enough, Toni of all people and I, started working on that yesterday at the Red and Black. I can show you what we've got so far, if you want." Jughead pulled out the chair next to me and sat down.

Betty crossed her arms and motioned for me to take over. I shrugged. I liked Toni and it wouldn't kill for all of us to work together.

"Toni, because let me guess...she loves serial killers," Betty huffed as she took the last seat.

Jughead obviously wasn't picking up on the sarcasm in her tone. "She does have an affinity for the darker side of things, yeah."

I leaned forward. "In that case, why don't we all work on it together? You, me, Betty, Toni, and Kevin."

"Kevin?" Jughead interrupted.

"Yeah," Betty continued, "It'll be like a little code-breaking party. So fun! You can host." She smacked his arm lightly. I let out a chuckle at his dumbfounded face. He looked so unamused by our presence and was still half asleep.

My phone started buzzing like crazy, waking me up from my half-asleep state. I groaned and grabbed it, sliding my finger across the screen.

"Hello?"

"Princesa. I have the workers here for your room. What do you want done?"

I sat up but kept my eyes closed, rubbing my forehead. "Um, really I just want the paint gone. And I guess I can clean it up myself but if there's anything else that needs fixed, you can just ask Ronnie or choose yourself. I'm not picky."

I heard him direct a few people before he spoke again, "Sounds good. I'll see you when you get home, alright?"

I nodded, forgetting he couldn't see me. "Thank you, Daddy."