Let's Talk Descendants 3

Current Date--  05/15/2018

It has been a while since we've discussed(or I've posted) about Descendants. Now that the third film is in the works, let's talk about what we already know.

Plot 
Based on the teaser trailer, we know this may take place right after Descendants 2, probably a month or to after since Mal's hair doesn't look very different. 

She is walking through a mysterious and dark forest to a glowing blue light. This blue light looks like some sort of magic orb. The orb glows brightly as it is on a small temple stand. 

As Mal approaches it, the orb calls her name. It sparks and she exclaims, "Dad?"

Thoughts and Theories

I literally freak out when I heard that we finally get to know who her father is (I wrote a fanfic about that if you interested)! Now the question is who is he?

In the prequel, The Isle of the Lost, it is said:

Bold, Underline--- Narrated
Italic, Underline-- In thought

Bold, Italic, Underline-- Dialogue 

"Because she did have a reason, a very good reason to stay clear of any kind of activity that might hint at or lead to romance. Her missing father. Otherwise known as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-In-Maleficent's-Presence.  .......

Because maybe I tired of my mother looking at me like I'm weak, just because I came from her own moment of weakness.

 Because maybe I want to prove to her that I'm strong enough and evil enough to prove to her that I'm not like my weak human father.

That I can be just like her

Maybe I don't want to dance  because I don't have anything human about me." (Page 78-- Chapter 8: Only Human)

We already know Mal wanted to be exactly like her mother Maleficent in the first film, and she proved that she is nothing like her mother. What is interesting is the mentioning of her father. He is said to be a 'weak human' and came into Maleficent's life at her weakest moment, which likely led to her falling in love. 

In a later chapter, Maleficent said this to 5-year-old Mal after she helped pick up some apple after a goblin tripped and dropped them.

"If you're not careful, my girl, you'll end up just like him, -just like your father- weak and powerless. AND PATHETIC!"(Page 116-- Chapter 11: Evil Lives?)

From this, we can assume Mal's father is most likely a human and is seen as weak by Maleficent. She possibly fell in love with him, and he is/was a resident of The Isle of the Lost. He is possibly also brave since he actually talked to Maleficent without being so scared and run away.

I personally believe he is just a commoner because there are rarely any major villains/sidekick to be brave enough to like Maleficent.

The Return of (Most) of Our Favorite Characters 

So we know a majority of the cast from the first two films have returned to reprise their roles.

This includes:
Dove Cameron-- Mal, Daughter of Maleficent

Sofia Carson-- Evie, Daughter of the Evil Queen

Booboo Stewart-- Jay, Son of Jafar

Cameron Boyce-- Carlos, Son of Cruella De Vil

Mitchel Hope-- Ben, Son of Belle and Beast

Sarah Jeffrey-- Audrey, Daughter of Aurora and Phillip

Zachary Gibson-- Doug, Son of Dopey

Jedadiah Goodacre-- Chad, Son of Cinderella and Prince Charming

Brenna D'Amico-- Jane, Daughter of Fairy Godmother

China Anne McClain-- Uma, Daughter of Ursala

Thomas Doherty-- Harry, Son of Captain Hook

Dylan Playfair-- Gil, Son of Gaston

Anna Cathcart-- Dizzy, Daughter of Drizella

As for Dianne Doan who played Lonnie, daughter of Mulan, I haven't heard if she'll be returning for the third film like the second one. Please let me know if she'll be returning.

New(-ish) Characters

Recently on the Descendants social media, they've announced a few new characters.

Jadah Marie-- Celia, The Daughter of Dr. Faciler

Jadah Marie will be playing Celia. She appears to be the newest youngest Descendants character, the first being Dizzy. From what I looked up, her age isn't really mentioned, but I am assuming she between the age of 8-10

"Jadah Marie Johnson from Fontana California is the youngest of 9 siblings, Jadah's passion for acting entertaining was apparent very early on competing in cheer and gymnastic competitions at only 4 yrs old winning three national titles in cheer as a flyer, Jadah is fearless, she enjoys stand up comedy, singing, dancing."-- - IMDb Mini Biography By Christopher Red 

Unknown Actors--Squeaky and Squirmy, The Twin Sons of Smee

These two were first mentioned during the Disney Channel Fan Fest, but the actors playing them weren't. We'll just have to wait until we know more.

Jamal Sims-- Dr. Faciler

Jamal Sims is also the choreographer for the film. His work includes Step Up (1-4), Teen Choice Awards 2010, and The Hannah Montana Movie just to name a few. We can hope the dance move will be just as impressive.

Conclusion

Most people are saying he's Hades from Hercules or Mordu the Bear Brave. Hades is on the Isle, as seen in a few posters on the island in the second film. The thing is that he's not human, he's a Geek God. As for Mordu, he's already dead. 

Some are also saying that the magical blue orb is a Will O' The Wisp from Brave, which I almost believe. They described as,

"They are spiritual, ethereal beings that represent past lives. They have the appearance of small floating bright blue-colored lights. They play an important role in the story, as they can lead one to their fate and destiny!" Disney Wiki Website-- Will O' The Wisp

It may be possible that it may lead Mal to her true destiny in life.

Overall, I am excited to see who Mal's father is. Until then, we'll just have to trust the creators, actors, and crew on what's to come for the Descendants of Heroes and Villains.

!!!!Thanks for Reading!!!!