Is that-

Is that Jeongguk?

Oh my god.

Why did he have to be here?

I look like death.

Just my luck.

Hopefully he won't see me.

Regardless of my hopes, I immediately brushed my fingers through my hair. I adjusted my shirt and sat differently so my neck was more exposed, sitting differently before flicking my eyes back to him.

"How may I help you, sweetie?" The oldish lady asked, a kind smile painting her face.

"Just a berry tea, please. To go." He smiled politely, bending at the knees slightly so he could reach her short height.

She nodded, grabbing a cup as she made conversation with him.

"So, where are you heading, mister? You're dressed up to the nines, don't you look handsome?" She cooed.

He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as he laughed, "I'm off out for a meal with my sister and her partner tonight. Thought I'd best make an effort, considering I'll have to go alone."

"Aww, sweetie. You can take me if you'd like!" She winked playfully, her tone motherly.

My heart swelled as I watched the interaction between the two.

"Would it get me a discount?" He joked, taking the hot cardboard cup into his hands.

"Mmm, depends where you'd be taking me."

"Gosh, I don't think I can pronounce it! I've never learnt Italian!" He giggled, his tone way more formal than when I spoke to him.

He had etiquette.

Whenever we spoke, a lot of slang and curses left his mouth as he slurred his pronunciation.

"Looks like I'll be charging you normal price." She pressed numbers into the till, "but I'll knock off half price because you cheered me up and made my day!"

"Thank you, my lady!" He bowed his head, pressing some coins into her hand, "I'll tip you the half for being so lovely."

She smiled softly, rubbing his hand lovingly like a mother to a child.

"I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow." He smiled, bidding her farewell.

At this point, everyone on the table had turned to watch whatever I'd been staring at after a few comments from Yoongi.

"Shoot, look at those thighs." Jimin commented.

Everyone was gazing dreamily at Jeongguk, so much that no one teased him for saying 'shoot'.

Yoongi was too entranced to even be jealous, simply muttering, "tell me about it."

Taemin, being quite possibly the loudest person I'd ever met beside Jin, shouted Jeongguk.

Taemin, choke.

Why would you do this to me?

I thought we were friends.

Jeongguk turned his head with a soft frown, finally seeing Taemin waving madly and walking over to him.

"Hey Taemin, what's up?" Jeongguk said, waving slightly at me.

I smiled back, fully aware that my cheeks were the colour of cherries.

"I needed to ask you on something to do with dance, have you got a minute?" Taemin asked.

Jeongguk checked his watch, tilting his head as he thought.

"I have five minutes but then I'll have to run."

"Why? Where are you going? On a date?" Taemin teased.

Jeongguk shook his head, laughing as he waved off his words, "I'm off for a meal with my sister and her partner."

"Do you need a date?" Taemin wiggled his eyebrows.

"I do, but if you're offering, I think I'll just go alone." He laughed at Taemin's offended face.

"I'm sure Taehyung is free, aren't you?" Yoongi murmured, dropping me in it.

Jeongguk looked over at me with a smile, "are you?"

I stuttered over my words, trying to think of an excuse but I had none.

Finally, I nodded with burning cheeks.

"Really?" He smiled wider.

"Y-yeah."

"We'll have to go now, we're already five minutes late." He grabbed my hand, yanking me out of my seat. "Jimin, Taemin, I'll see you in dance. Yoongi, I'll catch you in music, yeah?"

The mentioned trio all nodded enthusiastically, waving us off.

He pulled me out of the shop, dusk about to set.

"Ah shit, we are late." Jeongguk sighed, his free hand checking his phone to see multiple text messages and someone phoning him.

I blushed as I saw our entwined hands.

"Hello?" He said into the phone, walking.

He grimaced as the other person spoke.

"Yes. I'm on my way... about five minutes away... I'm not running, who do you take me for?... See you in f- yes. I have a date."

With that he hung up, sighing.

"You good?" I asked.

"Yeah. Her voice annoys me and I cannot stand her soulmate. He's a prick."

I nodded, allowing him to pull me across the road.

I then caught sight of his outfit and I looked down at mine with a gentle frown.

"Aren't I a bit... underdressed?" I asked.

He turned to me, suddenly stopping.

"I suppose you are."

He let go of my hand to button the top button of my floral shirt, fastening my cuffs.

"Can I tuck you in?" He asked.

I nodded, afraid of what my voice would sound like as his hands were resting on my hips and his face was centimetres away from mine.

Gently, he pressed his fingers into the waistband of my trousers, tucking the shirt in. He pulled it out a little at the back and sides, so the shirt overflowed the waistband, the front tucked in tightly to create a fashionable look. He stepped back with a pleased look on his face.

"You look good." He hummed, checking over me.

I flushed, "t-thanks."

He smiled, holding my hand as we continued the walk down the street until we stopped outside of a restaurant.

No wonder Jeongguk couldn't pronounce this name, I couldn't even read it.

"Wait. Are you okay with me calling you my boyfriend in front of them?" He asked.

I mean.

I'm okay with you calling me your boyfriend regardless.

"Yeah."

"In we go then!"