58. Helicarrier Conference Room.

SCARLET POV:
14th July 2012: Helicarrier: Conference Room:
So they weren't just nightmares, how could I possibly know about them, before they are here? I can't see into the future, I've never seen anything before, I don't understand. Why me?

This time I refuse to cry, I hold onto Bruce for dear life, but I won't let myself cry over this, not again. No one speaks for a while, it feels like a lifetime and it's making me more nervous. I wriggle out of Bruce's embrace and walk, circling the table of people, I don't know why. I feel my body grow warm, as I start thinking back to things the creature said to me in the nightmares. Everything around me blurs, I can't see the people or the walls, the chairs or the table, I just walk.

'Join me... You don't belong, you can't stay here, you need to leave... It's all your fault, none of this had to happen... You betrayed me... You should join me, come with me, Scarlet...'

"Miss Olsen?" A deep, powerful voice echoes, a figure steps in front of me, I stop walking and peer up at him, the creature, but in a black outfit with a black eye patch over one eye and a brown human eye. "What?"

It's Fury. No it isn't, it can't be, it's one of those creatures. I should kill it! No it's Fury. It's definitely Fury, I can't kill Fury.

The figure lunges forwards and grabs my arms, it begins shaking me "Miss Olsen!"

It sure sounds like Fury, it has to be Fury. Those creatures, they've gotten into my head, haven't they? What're they doing to me!? It's Fury, it's 100% Fury!

"Fury?" The scaly skin fades away, the room returns to view.

FURY POV:
14th July 2012: Helicarrier: Conference Room:
The chair Miss Olsen was sitting, on moves away from the table and Dr Banner relaxes his arms, she becomes visible as she begins slowly walking around the room, looking straight ahead. Then she starts to speak "Join me..." She speaks slowly and in a voice that is not her own, it's hypnotic and echoes off the walls. I look at the team, who are just as shocked as me "You don't belong. You can't stay here. You need to leave..." Between each sentence she lets out a breath, Dr Banner and I exchange a concerned look "It's all your fault. None of this had to happen..." I draw my attention back to Miss Olsen.

Who is she directing this at? Who is she speaking to?

"You betrayed me..." I stand up and slowly approach her, as I draw closer, I can see her eyes are pure black.

They aren't human eyes. The creatures, they've gotten to her.

"You should join me. Come with me, Scarlet..."

She isn't talking to us, it's the creature talking to her.

"Miss Olsen?" I walk closer to her, I stop about a metre from her and she stops walking, she looks up slightly to meet my gaze. She looks slightly confused, she tilts her head slightly "What?" She asks in a disbelieving way.

Did she not hear me, does she not understand or is it something else?

All of a sudden her features become aggressive, she looks as if she wants to attack me, as soon as it appears, it fades away and is replaced by worry.

Something is very wrong, I have to stop this!

I reach forward and grab her arms and start to shake her, I call out to her "Miss Olsen!" She focuses on my visible eye and asks in her usual quiet voice "Fury?" The blackness of her eyes shrinks back to her pupils, the white and grey and visible once again, she grows weak in my arms, I hold on tighter and guide her to the nearest chair. I look around at everyone's faces, confusion, worry and fear. Miss Olsen fiddles with a button on her dress, not looking up as she speaks "What happened?" "You... changed. Your eyes, your voice and you spoke-" "I said those out loud?" She glances up at me, horrified, I nod. She draws a breath and glances around the room "They've done something to me, those are things they said to me, in the nightmares. What did they do to me!?" She becomes slightly teary-eyed, Agent Romanoff hobbles over to her and leans herself against the table next to her "We'll figure this out, together." We spend the rest of the day trying to figure out what the creatures are and what they want, how they got in Miss Olsen's head and how they can control people.