55. 14th June-6th July 2012.

BRUCE POV:
14th June 2012: Helicarrier:
Scarlet looks a little down, so I told her she could take of the mask for a little while, to talk to us, she shouldn't really, but it's killing us seeing her like this. She manages to speak, but has to constantly take breaths, she brings up a new conversation topic. "You know. You two have helped me so much." Tony interrupts "Of course we have, you're hurt." "Not about that. I mean my emotional state. There are some words I live by... and you've helped me achieve them all. All the Avengers have helped. But you two more than most of the others."

That's so sweet, I wonder how we helped.

"What are the words?"

Why can't he shut his mouth and wait!

"Stark, stop interrupting and let Scarlet explain." Scarlet gives me a grateful smile, before explaining "Be calm. Determined. Happy. Kind. Strong. Brave... and trust others." She takes a few deep breaths "Up until I started working for Stark Industries... my mum would tell me that every night... before I went to bed." "That's sweet." "Why did she stop when you started working for me?" "Because you were helping me. The first day I met you I was... being as calm and brave as possible. I knew I had to trust you... so I tried as hard as I could. Pepper was just a little too much... at that time." "Yeah sorry about that." "I hope I didn't hurt her feelings... or anything. I tried to stay calm."

Typical Scarlet, worrying about others.

"She's fine, maybe you could meet her again properly, now that you're more confident?" "Sure." I look down at my watch and my eyes widen 12:32pm is displayed.

We lost track of time with all the talking, better head to lunch, before they send out a search party.

"Let's head to the break room." The three of us make our way back inside and to the break room, I push Scarlet through the corridors.

SCARLET POV:
The next few weeks flew by, no attacks on Earth, no major HYDRA problems, just day to day life. I would spend weekends home with my parents, weekdays on the helicarrier. While I was still in the chair I would spend most of my time doing my official job, working for Tony. I met up with Pepper and got to know her better, she's not as scary as I first thought, she's just very enthusiastic. I had some of my meals with my non Avenger friends, Jimmy had told them about my injuries, so they were eager to spend time with me, I even made a few new friends. I was spending a lot of time with Natasha as well, continuing to get to know each other, surprisingly no one mentioned our relationship, either they haven't figured it out or they aren't bothered. We didn't tell anyone about our relationship, just waited for them to notice, but I guess it's not as easy to see the difference between relationship and friendship between females. My body healed up and I got back to training, trying to get back to where I was and maybe even better than before, Natasha and Steve pushing me to my limits.

6th July 2012: Helicarrier:
I leave my bedroom after a little while of being bored, I walk down the corridor where the entrance from the quinjets is, I bump into Thor "Lady Scarlet, how are you?" "Okay, thanks, why aren't you on the mission with the others?" "I wasn't invited." "Right." "Do you wish to talk?" "Sure." He leans against the wall and slides down until he is on his bum, on the floor, I can't help but giggle "What are you doing? We can go somewhere else." "Here is just a good of a place as any other."

In a corridor, near the entrance? Weird, but sure.

I plop myself on the ground next to him, I cross my legs, whilst he keeps them stuck out. We talk and anyone passing has to step over Thor's legs, it doesn't seem to bother him at all, we do nothing but talk for a few hours. He tells me a lot about the beauty of Asgard, I find myself laughing along with him even when I don't have a clue what he's talking about, then he tells me about a lady named Jane, from Earth "Do you have someone, Lady Scarlet?" I feel my cheeks grow hot "Ah, you do!" My cheeks grow even warmer as I think about Natasha "Do tell." "Tasha and I have been seeing each other, since my birthday party." "Really?" He has a huge grin on his face "So that's why you've been sneaking off." "Yeah." "I will now view you as a couple, I'm sure I will notice your exchanges more."

He really doesn't know when to stop talking. Just keep smiling Scarlet, maybe he'll stop.

The doors to the outside open and I can hear loads of voices, we both turn to see what's going on, the Avengers have returned, they all look rather battered, some limping, a few Agents help them in and usher them into the lift. Thor and I run over to help, when I get closer I notice Natasha.

Oh my God!

I grab her arm and throw it over my shoulder, helping her hobble along, I feel my body cool down from all the laughing and blushing Thor caused.

I want to ask what happened, but now really doesn't seem like the time.

She shivers slightly and I realise I'm invisible "I'm sorry, just hold on." I'm panicking and can't turn myself visible, but right now the only thing I care about, is her.

6th July 2012: Helicarrier: Infirmary:
We rush into the infirmary, the medical staff get straight to work, Thor, Fury and myself are told to leave. I sit still, invisible, in silence, whilst the rest of the team lay on beds and are tended to. After what felt like far too long, we are allow to visit them, when we walk in, I glance around the room at them. Clint has his right arm in a sling and a bandage around his head. Steve has a bloodied patch on his torso and two of his fingers are strapped together. Bruce is trying to stop a nosebleed, he looks in the best condition out of all of them. Natasha has her left leg in a cast. But the worst of them all, is an unconscious Tony, he has more cuts and bruises than all the others put together, he's got deeper wounds and his suit, which is laying on the floor next to his bed, is scratched, crumpled and broken.

What the hell happened to them!?

Fury makes his way over to Steve, to get some answers, Thor wanders around talking to everyone, I head straight over to Natasha. I whisper to her "Tasha." She looks around wildly "Scarl?"

Scarl? I guess I could get used to that.

"It's me, I'm here." I take her hand and she looks in my direction "You're invisible." "Yeah, I haven't been able to change back since I saw you arrive. I've been so worried about you, I've never seen you like this before." "I try not to make a habit of it." She laughs a little. I sit down on the edge of her bed, while she explains what happened on the mission.