34. Helicarrier Testing Room.

SCARLET POV:
7th June 2012: Helicarrier:
With Natasha's help, all my stuff gets unpacked and put away. Just as we are finishing there's a knock at the door, Natasha walks over and opens it, standing there is Bruce "Director Fury asked me to get the two of you, he wants to test all of Scarlet’s physical abilities, everything you've figured out and taught her so far." I nod my head "I'll have to get changed then." I look down at my dress.

Definitely not going to work out in a dress. Ooh, what should I wear?

I wander over to the draws and look through them, I pick out a pair of purple shiny shorts and a grey tank top. Bruce walks out and closes the door behind him, Natasha doesn't look quite sure what to do, eyes moving between the door and the floor "You alright?" I ask as I place the clothes on the bed, she looks at me "Yeah, do you want me to wait outside?" "I don't mind really, it's not like I'm getting naked." I say as I pull my dress off over my head, she looks to the floor, blushing slightly "Right."

I didn't mean to embarrass her, I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable. Maybe she's self conscious about her body? But how could she with a body like that and she seems so confident normally. I'm self conscious about me, but my body, I'm perfectly happy with.

I pull on the tank top and shorts, tucking the tank top in before walking to my wardrobe to find my trainers, I also grab my handbag with my glasses and phone in. I also change my anklet over to strength, black. Once I'm ready we walk out and the three of us walk to a room I haven't been in before.

I thought we were heading to the gym.

7th June 2012: Helicarrier: Testing Room:
The room has grey stone walls, ceiling and floor, no windows and a single light in the centre of the ceiling, there's a camera in two of the corners.

What the hell is this room?

Fury is standing in the centre of the room, waiting, only Natasha and I walk in, Bruce walks to the other door in the room. The Director speaks "This is our testing room, I will send in a variety of people for you to test different skills with, the rest of us will be in that room, watching." He points to where Bruce went, he then walks out with Natasha.

I'm so glad I've been practicing, I've been practicing everything we've been going over.

I place my handbag on the floor in one of the corners and tie up my hair. Bruce comes back into the room and places something around my upper arm and lower leg "These are going to help me monitor your body while we see what you're capable of." "Okay."

FURY POV:
7th June 2012: Helicarrier: Testing Room:
I enter the observation room "What would you recommend first, Agent Romanoff?" "Knife throwing." "Agent Barton, you're up." He picks up throwing knives from the table lined with weapons, as Stark speaks "She wears such cute little shorts, Natasha you should buy those." Everyone tries to ignore him as Dr Banner re-enters the room, he goes over to his laptop and Barton walks into the testing room "Throwing knives first." Rogers carries in the target and places it in a corner of the room, below a camera. Miss Olsen picks up her bag and takes out a pair of glasses, putting them on, she takes a knife from Barton. As soon as the board is set up, Rogers walks back into the observation room "Begin!" She takes each knife, one at a time, from Barton and throws them at the target, each one lands either on the bullseye or the ring just around it.

Impressive.

Barton retrieves each of the knives and brings them back in "How about archery now." He picks up a bow and arrows, re-entering the room. He hands them to Miss Olsen, who takes a minute or two to set it up.

This already doesn't seem like the best idea.

She holds it up, Barton nudges her arm slightly into the right position, she takes a deep breath and aims "Begin!" The first arrow hits the outer ring on the target, she tries again, she has five arrows to have a go with, each one lands within the last three rings. Apart from the last one, she takes longer with this one, really trying to focus. She lets it fly through the air, it hits the same sport her first knife hit, just outside the bullseye. The target and equipment are brought back in, Miss Olsen takes off her glasses and puts them back in her bag.

Miss Olsen begins stretching "Next Agent Romanoff, I want you out there sparring with her." "Yes, Sir." She picks up the sparring sticks and carries them into the room, she hands one to Miss Olsen "Rules?" "No head shots. Let's start with you just trying to dodge and block all of my attacks." They nod at each other as they get into their fighting stances "Begin!" Romanoff takes her first swing, like she said before, Miss Olsen is good at dodging, none of the swings are hitting her, any that get too close she blocks. After a good ten or so minutes of dodging and blocking Romanoff gets her first hit in, Miss Olsen stumbles backwards, but manages to catch herself "You good?" Romanoff asks as she lowers her stick "Yeah." "Okay, how about we get you a drink and move on?" She nods, they both make their way to the observation room, Dr Banner hands them both a bottle of water. I walk over to Miss Olsen "Good work so far." "Thank you." "Dr Banner, anything unusual?" "Nope, all good here." "Excellent, now Miss Olsen, you are going to go back out there and have a full sparring match, no head shots. Dodging, blocking and attacking, only with the sticks. With a different member of the team." I scan the room.

Who should I put against her? I don't want it to be Romanoff because they have been practicing together, I want it to be someone she hasn't fought against, so not Barton. Not Banner, not Thor, we need her alive.

"Rogers or Stark, who's up?" They look at each other trying to choose while Miss Olsen walks into the other room and begins stretching "I'll do it." Stark says as he strides into the room, I look to Rogers.

I expected him to volunteer.

"I don't want to hurt her, she may be good at blocking and dodging, but don't forget, I have super strength."