Whatever the reason that Dean kept on living in his hollow empty shell of a body he was now glad he stayed. Dean knew that Cas had finally been the one to heal him. To really heal him.  To heal him where his angel mojo had no effect. He had been the one to make the empty feeling in his chest become full once more. Yes the repairs were scared and tattered but he truly felt whole again with his angel nearby. He saved the hunter in more ways than one and for that he would always be grateful.

Dean hoped Cas would reappear soon and help out with the hunt. He didn't want to spend all day with Sam. Listening to his rants and his rabbit trail stories. He would much rather have Cas be there to hopefully, relive some of the stress and tension.

As Dean thought, he made his way limping into their small kitchen. He was surprised to see that Sam had actually made a pot of coffee for once. 'At least he did something useful waking up so early' Dean thought to himself. His brother usually just went on a run in the mornings and picked up a coffee for himself from Starbucks or some other girly place.

Dean grabbed a mug and poured the strong dark liquid into the cup, filling it to the brim.  Dean had always drunk his coffee black. Even when he was younger. It was probably because they never had enough money for things like coffee creamer, but always needed a way to stay awake when conducting case research for days at a time.

Unlike Dean, Sam always needed his coffee with something in it to make it less bitter.  Dean would find him passed out in books of lore because he refused to drink the black coffee. So finally one day Dean had made Sam a special coffee. He had spared some of their limited supply of sugar and milk to give the coffee a better taste.

He remembered Sam's reluctance to try it and how much he had whined about the gross taste. That is until Dean called him a baby. He had received an extra evil bitch face but convinced Sam to take a small sip of the coffee. Let’s just say, after that day they never had any more milk and sugar left over when Sam as done. Dean never got the opportunity to try it. He always saved it all for Sam.

Something’s just never change. Dean though wistfully to himself as he brought the piping hot drink to his lips.

As he turned around to get started on research there was a soft flutter of wings and Castiel appeared standing directly in front of him.

Dean jumped and dropped his cup of coffee.  The mug shattered on the ground and the bitter burning drink spilled onto his feet scorching his toes and staining his white socks.

"Son of a Bitch!" Dean shouted in surprise. "Damn it Cas!"

Dean quickly moved out of the puddle of coffee and glass shards. Rubbing his head he grabbed a towel and moved to clean up his mess.

However, when Dean turned around he saw Cas. His face full of regret and unspoken apologies. In his hands he held the cup Dean had dropped.  It now looked as if it had never shattered and it was once again full to the brim with coffee.

"My apologies Dean. I didn't mean to startle you." Cas said looking at the ground ashamed and holding out the drink.

"It’s alright Cas." Dean said taking his coffee back from the angel.

"Hey Cas!" Sam called out from where he was sitting at their small table in the living room.

"Hello Sam." The angel said turning to look at him.

"You come to help with the research?" Sam questioned.

"Of course. I'm always happy to be here to help the Winchesters on their hunts." Castiel said glancing back at the tired looking Dean.

"Well we better get to it. We’re wasting time." Dean said with a sleepy groan.

As Dean sat down he ended up knocking over Sam's coffee into his own lap burning his legs and groin.