🐺 Chapter 7 🐺

His wound. Gone. Literally gone. Poof. Damon stares wide-eyed. Same as me. Klous just looks at me showing pain and sorrow. "What just happened?" I ask.

"Carla." Klous says softly. He walks towards me. "I had to. I had to." He repeated.

" Had to, what? " I say.

"I'm sorry. I had to. You wouldn't have been safe."

" What did you do? "

"I took your memory. Made you think that your parents were wonderful people." My eyes started to water.

" You took my family from me? The one thing I had left. You took my only memories of my family. "

"I had to." I see his eyes start to water to.

" Why? " A tear rolls down my cheek.

"You would've died with them."

"Who? Mom and Dad, and my siblings?"

"I'm sorry." He says again softly.

" What if I wanted to die with them??!!" I screamed. "What if I didn't want to live this life? Of being alone? Of being invisible? Of being ignored? Unnoticed? What if I didn't want this?" I start breaking down. I fall to my knees. Tears roll down left and right falling, I break into deep sobs and heavy breathing. "I didn't want this!" I scream inbetween breaths. "I didn't want this." I repeat softly. Klous and Damon kneel down next to me, Klous puts his hand up to my cheek and wipes away a tear.

"I couldn't watch you die too." Klous said.

" What does that mean? " I ask.

"Carla, look into my eyes." I did. "Remember everything I took from you." Instantly memories came rushing back. Family photos. Hayley, Hope..... Klous.

" Dad? " I say with a slight crack in my voice.

"Carla." More memories flushed through. My family. My family. My family. My family is gone. Hope. My sister. Hayley, my mother. They are both gone. The memory returns to me, and it hurts. One more memory returns. Their death. I watched it. I saw it. The whole thing. It wasn't a car crash. It was an invasion in the house. People came in and slaughtered them. Right on front of me. With and intention of killing me too. I see it all. The blood. Hayley's eyes as she dies in front of me. Hope's last tear. I hear the screams of Hayley as she watched her first born die. The screams of Hope, from the knife through her heart. The screams of me.

"Carla!" Damon yells. I see everything once again and just scream. Just like I did before. With Lydia, with Damon, with my family. I scream. During the memory me screaming hurt their ears but not enough to make them stop. I scream louder than ever before now, but now I have a purpose. Klous and Damon both cover their ears, along with Stefan. I scream until my lungs run dry and I gasp for air. I break down. Sobbing completely. I'm broken. No one wants an angel with broken wings, but that's me. That's me. Broken. I sob for a good five minutes while Damon, Stefan and Klous try to regain hearing.

"I'm sorry." I say. " It was my fault. If I wasn't born they would've never found you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. " I say quietly. "I'm sorry."

"There was nothing you could do." Klous told me.

"I could've never been born, and then you and Hope and Hayley would all be happy. Altogether."

"Carla you didn't chose whether you were brought into this world or not. It's not your fault."

"I should've died."

"I should've been better about protecting my family." Klous said.

"Carla, I saw the way Derrick chased you down. I saw the way he needed you there. You are important." Stefan said.