🐺 Chapter 3 🐺

My eyes open to see nothing. Literally nothing. No one. No where. What's happening? I ask myself, but obviously I stand- or lay- with no answer. My mind feels as if it's spinning. Something is wrong with me. I see a face come in my peripheral vision. Someone I knew. Someone who knew me. Someone who isn't around anymore.

Because of me.

I turn to see them fully but they disappear during the transition. All I see is black, as if I'm sleeping. Am I? I ask myself but end again without an answer. I spin around to look for anything anyone. And finally I see another familiar face, one that's not dead. Stiles, someone, that I don't know why, would be in, whatever I'm in. If this is a Banshee thing than someone is going to die. But when I saw Peter no one died. Someone was bit, but that was before anyway. I don't know what I am or what's happening. All I know is that Peter, is the Alpha, looking for recruits and Derrick knows about my eyes.

He was astonished by my change in color. Probably wondering what happened. How it happened. Who it happened to. 'It' referring to many in different circumstances. Peter would be. After all I was always his favorite. No, wonder why he'd want me in his pack, but I can't. Not for him. Knowing the kind of guy he is. Knowing something he doesn't even know about himself. About someone else.

I turn to see a wolf. No, not a wolf, a coyote. Blue eyes like mine, but don't have the same meaning. It growls at me and howls I guess. Taking few steps forward and back, like it's sparing with me. I might up my eyes to show I'm the same- even though I'm not- which makes it angrier. It's purely mad. I recognize the eyes. They may be different now in change, but I can still recognize them from anywhere. That's Peter Hale's daughter. The one Peter Hale himself doesn't even know. Something that Derrick's mothers took away from him. His memory of his daughter. But how can a coyote, be a wolf's daughter? I ask myself, and for the third time no answer arrives.

The coyote disappears just like the man did. They are just, gone.

My eyes split open to find that it's dark out. Very dark, like 10:00 dark. And to find that I'm in my own bed, at my house. Not the McCalls' house. But my own, that is left to me. It's been abandoned and left. I look around and notice someone in the corner. Derrick. "What am I doing here?" I ask.

" I though you needed some time at home. I figured you'd be home sick. " He was half right. I missed home, but I didn't miss what had happened to my family. I hate remembering. A little while back I had strong PTSD. And the doctor near the orphanage didn't give a crap about me so he let it sink into me. Burn into me. Into my brain. And I am scared. But I got I over it, and I can only hope that this doesn't trigger it to come back.

Derrick looks at me. And smiles. Me and him were close. We trusted each other. Still do. Derrick was there for me when I woke up screaming. Derrick was always there for me, and I was there for him, when he needed someone to hold when he had a dream of the fire. Someone to cry on. We were each other's anchor to sanity. There is a two year difference but that never mattered to us. Whenever I escaped an orphanage I'd love with him, wherever he was I'd go and whenever I changed orphanages he came along. he was always there and I greatly appreciate that.

"Thank you." I say.

" For what? " He asks.

"For being there." I state. He comes and sits next to me on my bed and I start too year up. I don't cry, I just water up and he puts his hand on mine. And makes me look him in his normal, human, eyes.

"I'll always be there. Your like my sister. And knowing that I know you will always be there too." He says and smiles. I stand up and start to speak but he cuts me off. " I know we gotta go, just change and we can run. Looks like you need to stretch your legs anyway. "