How embarrassing.

I didn't and still don't care. I loved flowers, no matter what anyone said.

And even though they used pansy as an insult, I still adored the flower even though the name came with punches to the gut and pieces of my art being ripped up in front of me, whilst my arms were held behind my back, lip dripping blood onto the floor as I was restrained from protesting. 

I didn't mind.

After all, my mother told me that it was fine to like what I liked, and if that was flowers, then it was still fine, even though I was a boy. Boys are allowed to like flowers. Contrary to popular belief at my high school, they are. Although me, Yoongi and Jimin may be the only ones. We still do.

However, the only thing that wasn't fine to like, was boys. That was somehow wrong. 

I never retaliated to anything homophobic that either of my parents said.

Hell, I didn't even react when they disowned me for liking boys.

Whatever.

I'll listen to her complaints about my sexuality when she eventually learns how to grow a flower.

I smiled, thinking of my lilies and carnations in their respective vases back at home.

Jimin was right, the plum carnations did look lovely in a white vase. I'd put the lilies in a navy marbled vase, the pastel petals too light for a white vase.

I frowned suddenly, realising that I'd forgotten to lock Yeontan's cage, meaning he'd probably escaped and gone for a wander to the conservatory where the flowers were.

Or once were, rather.

Yeontan was cheekily mischievous and most likely had had a nibble at the petals and knocked over vases, spilling water everywhere.

Did I lock the cage?

I remember walking past him, patting him on the side as I put him on the table whilst I prepared his food.

Jimin had phoned me, telling me that I was about to be late for first period if I didn't hurry my ass up.

In a rush, I dropped his bowl to the floor and kissed him quickly on his nose, grabbing my book and coat as I dashed out.

Yeontan was not locked in his cage.

I could almost envision it.

My wet hair dripped onto the desk, the sight a model of what my conservatory probably looked like right about now.

"I know, I can't believe it!" Jin's excited voice chattered, the librarian shushing him as I looked up from my slumped position.

"Taehyung!" He cried out, Namjoon's hand slapping over Jin's mouth as he smiled at the librarian in silent apology before making their way over to us with Hoseok hot on their trails.

The three of them sloppily sat down on the chairs opposite me.

"Taemin told me that you weren't in last lesson." Hoseok whispered, passing me a few pages of notes, "I told him what happened and he drew a little picture for you. I think, though I'm not certain, that they're supposed to be flowers. Forgive him, he broke his right hand by landing on it funnily."

I smiled, looking down at the poorly drawn flowers above the detailed notes on the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet. 

The theme of fate was so beautiful in my eyes, although the suicide part was pretty sad. But fate and destiny and it being written in the stars? It made my chest squeeze and my heart pound.

"Those are so shit." Namjoon giggled, the sounds muffled by his hand.

"He tried." Hoseok protested, defending his boyfriend, "he said they were tulips."

"He's clearly never seen a tulip." Jin said, eyebrows raised sassily.

"I agree. Still cute." I looked up to the three people sat across from me, books and papers strewn on the table, "what're you here for then? Namjoon, aren't you supposed to be in maths?" 

Namjoon nodded, "yeah but I can't go if Jin isn't going."

"Why haven't any of you gone to lessons?" I asked in concern.

"Because we have some tea." Hoseok smiled widely, rubbing his hands together.

"As in literal tea or drama tea?" I asked, silently hoping for literal tea.

"Drama tea, Taehyung. Real tea is sickening." Hoseok stuck his tongue out in fake gag, the others pulling faces of agreement and disgust.

Whatever.

Tea was my blood.

"Spill then." I said, leaning in with interest.

"So, you know the new kid?"

"There's a new kid?" I asked.

"Yeah. Art, music and dance student. He's in every single one of Jimin's lessons. Seemingly sound kid, slightly cocky but funny." Namjoon said.

"He's hilarious." Jin corrected.

"Indeed. An amazing dancer, too. Taemin said that his dancing is on par with his and Taemin is at the top of the class." Hoseok gushed.

"Yoongi told me that he's super good at piano." Jin said excitedly.

"So, you're all gonna sit here fanboying over the new kid for no reason?" I asked.

"Oh no, believe me, there's a reason. We just went off track." Jin shook his head.

"Here's the real tea." Hoseok said.