Not My Michael Pt 1

TW: swearing

Michael sat up, eyes still closed and vision blurry as fuck. But he knew Jeremy wasn't laying by him. He sighed, forcing himself out of bed and looking for his glasses, finding they weren't on the bedside table...which he noticed looked different, barely but it looked different.

Looks like he'd have to find his glasses later.

He stood up and looked at the room... this wasn’t his room. The walls were blue instead of red, and he could make out a poster for “The Matrix” on the door and was very confused. Did Jeremy buy this while high or something?

Michael didn't worry too much about it and looked around...and noticed the lack of Bob Marley merchandise, yep this was not his room at all. That or he was dreaming.

He decided to ask his moms what happened, making his way downstairs and hearing video games from the basement. Jeremy must've been down there.

He went down and froze when he see Jeremy's appearance. Instead of wearing a striped shirt, as he had been the night before, he was wearing a blue hoodie, and Michael noticed both glasses and a pair of black headphones...what the hell?

“Jeremy? What are you wearing?” He mumbled, rubbing his eyes and blinking slowly. Jeremy turned around and Michael was very taken back by the braces. “Jeremy!?”

“Michael are you alright? I'm...I'm perfectly fine...umm...you sure you aren't seeing things?”

“Shit I'm dreaming aren't I? First my room now this-”

“Michael this is my house.”

“No it's not.”

“Yes it is. I've lived here as long as I've remembered.” Jeremy paused his game and stood up, allowing Michael to see his hoodie in full glory.

A bisexual patch, a dolphin patch, a heart patch, a Blinky patch, a Pac-man patch, and a “Rise above Anti-Semitism” patch.

“Why are you dressed like me?” Michael's brain wasn't comprehending this like it should've been. He probably got stoned again and he was dreaming.

“Umm, you don't wear hoodies Micha. You wear cardigans.” Jeremy mumbled and Michael shook his head.

“I wear hoodies all the time Jeremy. You're the one who wears cardigans. Also, why are you wearing my glasses?”

“You don't wear glasses.”

“Jeremy are you high?”

“No.”

“Then...wait...you know now that I think about it, you haven't stuttered once...you aren't Jeremy are you?”

“I should be asking you that?”

“Wait…if you really are some form of Jeremy... who's my favorites musical artist?”

“Bob Marley. Duh. Everybody knows that.”

“Fine...when was the first day I began crushing on you. Same day you fell in love with Christine.” Jeremy stared in absolute and utter emotional shock at Michael.

“Michael...I never loved Christine... I only ever loved you.”

“That's a lie, every year you forced me into the auditorium to watch her plays. It got so bad you got the fuckin Squip thinking she'd like you.”

“I never had a Squip...my step brother did...and you did...but I didn't.”

“Jeremy yes you did. I have proof...the marks on your arms...you hid them with your cardigan, you still do...you literally abandoned me on Halloween!!”

“Oh you must be crazy because you abandoned me. If I remember correctly, that was my first panic attack! How the hell do you have the right to say you were abandoned!? You were off having sex with Brooke Valentine!!”

“Brooke...Valentine? Her last name is Lohst.”

“No it's not. Chloe's last name is Lohst…”

“Wait….Jeremy, what's your last name?”

“Mell.”

“No way.”

“What?”

“Shit...this isn't my universe.”

“What do you MEAN!? Your universe…” Jeremy yelled and Michael pulled his phone out... same phone.

“This is my Jeremy. He got a Squip, his last name is Heere, my last name is Mell.” Michael showed the phone to Jeremy, the wallpaper being Michael and his Jeremy.

“Your last name is Heere.”

“See!? That's the point! We're from different universes. One where you got a Squip, and one where I got a Squip.” Michael was very sure about his theory, and Jeremy was listening as his eyes followed the pacing male. “Okay run down the Squipcident for me, we can prove we're in different universes.

“Oh well you got a Squip to impress Jenna, thinking you had to be straight to be cool.”

“Who told me about the Squip?”

“Jake. And we went to Payless and you got one. I left but when I came back you were talking to Brooke and Chloe and then left. Next day at school, I seen you hanging out with Jake. You went to rehearsal, and I'd stayed to take you home but...you did something...and walked away, outside, and you and Chloe held hands and cuddled and I was left to cry...then came the Halloween party. Rich's Halloween party. He'd invited you, your date being Chloe, and I had to sneak in. I tried helping you after Brooke almost made you fuck her.”

“Wait I'm not gay?”

“No you are...your dad scared you so much you lied about liking Jenna…”

“Oh.”

“Anyways...after you ran in the bathroom, we got into a fight….and you called me a loser...and I had my very first panic attack…” Jeremy's voice softened and Michael was compelled to hug him.

“That's... that's what MY Jeremy did...I have never wanted to die so much in my life…”

“I... I'd never do that…”

“Neither would I….so...about the rest of the incident..."