Where Everything's Better Pt 1

So the Coraline AU I promised
Thank u AriaPoppy for the idea
Michael is Coraline
The rest of the roles are strange but like... you'll see what I mean.
Note, they still live in Middleborough. And Michael's dad is still gone
They r is in seventh grade.
This also references the Coraline novel,  which is really good btw, not just the film
TW: there should only be slight swearing but idk. Enjoy

Michael Mell's life was...alright. Of course it has its ups and downs but it was alright. Except for a few things.

His father had absolutely hated his existence, and thus his parents divorced.

He only had one friend, not that he minded but nobody else was nice to him.

And the last thing, is that said friend is who he was pining for. But he would never notice.

Plus Michael had some strange neighbors to say the least. But that wasn't that bad.

And on this very day it was raining, and he was bored out of his mind. Luckily, Jeremy was visiting, he was just still asleep.

"Mahal why don't you play video games or something? I hate seeing you bored like this." His mother was packing the stuff her ex-husband never came back to get, and Michael shrugged.

"But I've played every game I own Mama. And beat them all. What else is there to do?"

"I have an idea. I found this key a while ago and didn't know where it came from. Why don't you check around the house and find the door it opens. Just to give yourself something to do until the rain clears."

"Okay Mama." Michael took the black key and turned it in his hands. Strange key it was. He shrugged and looked down the hallway and opened every door. They all opened.

At the end of the hallway there was a room he never went into, full of old antiques from his grandma before she moved back to the Phillipines.

He opened it and turned the lightswitch on, coughing a bit at the dust and cobwebs every where.

He had to be very careful as he treaded the room, not wanting to break or damage anything, and he froze when he seen a miniscule door in the wall.

He got on his knees and looked at it, the wallpaper must've been put on over it. He used the teeth of the key to cut the wallpaper boarding up the door, and he then unlocked it, pulling it and freezing. Bricks.

"The hell? What kind of door leads to bricks?" He sighed and stood up, leaving the key in the door and kicking it shut. "Better go wake Jeremy up."

Michael went upstairs to his room, in which Jeremy was sleeping, and he gently nudged the brunette awake.

"Jeremy I'm bored."

"M-Michael I'm tired lemme go back to sleep."

"No. I found something really weird that pisses me off and I wanna show you."

"O-Okay?" Jeremy pushed his body up and followed Michael back to the antique room, and Michael lead him to the door. "What i-is it?"

"I don't know. But I opened it and it leads to bricks. Bricks!" Michael opened the door and Jeremy gave him a stumped expression. "Exactly."

"Umm...that's weird. L-Like.. really weird."

"I know..."

"Can we get outta h-here? This room is creepy."