Pac-Man Tattoos

How they got their tattoos. Jeremy was horrified but now he's glad he got it, oh and they're freshman.

TW: swearing and some light mention of past self harm

"Jeremy!" Michael slammed his hands on the lunch table, and Jeremy stopped chewing to look up. "I had an amazing idea."

"W-What is your idea?" Jeremy asked, resuming to chew his food.

"Pac-Man tattoos, on our arms, that match. My mom will gladly give us permission to get them." Michael was smiling wide and Jeremy chuckled slightly.

"That s-sounds freaking a-awesome Michael. But w-wouldn't that cost a lot?"

"Screw money, they aren't gonna be that big anyways." Michael slid next to Jeremy, their hips barely touching, not that they cared.

"Okay then, w-when are we gonna...ya know...get them?"

"This Saturday starts spring break so we can get them then." Michael's smile only got wider and Jeremy nodded, slowly taking another bite of his sandwich.

***

Jeremy was a lot more nervous now than he was when initially given the idea.

"Michael I t-think we can wait a year to get tatt-ttoos." He whispered, hugging his Blinky plush tightly in his arms.

"Hey, it'll be okay Jere, yeah it'll hurt but it's gonna be fine. It'll totally be worth it ya know? Matching tattoos to show how awesome our friendship is." Michael wrapped his arms around Jeremy and the taller male smiled.

"O-Okay." Jeremy muttered as they sat down and waited. Michael's mom was filling out the paperwork since the boys were both 15 and needed adult permission to actually do this.

Jeremy was leaning on Michael nervously, gently huddled into his knees and trying to calm himself down.

"Jeremy are you okay?" Michael asked, not getting an answer. "I can ask my mom to reschedule if you're that nervous."

"N-No I just...I just don't...I dunno. But we're d-doin this. I wouldn't let y-you go in alone anyways, b-because Player 1 always needs Player 2." Michael blushed a bit and nodded.

After Ms. Mell(she hasn't remarried yet but kept the Mell because alliteration)filled out the paperwork, the boys were seated in their chairs, which were placed next to each other so they could make sure the tsttoos matched up perfectly.

Michael knew the process because he watched his mom get a tattoo when he was a bit younger, so he watched as his upper arm was cleaned and shaved.

As for Jeremy, he didn't want to watch. He hated looking at razors because it reminded him of...things that happened when his dad found out his mom cheated on him.

After their arms were cleaned, the artists used stencils of the tattoos to basically sketch the design on the boys' arms. Jeremy, despite being a little nervous, liked the color used to color the transfer design.

After the machines were completely set up, ointment was placed over their tranfer designs. That's when the first lines were drawn.

Michael was calm throughout the first minute, but Jeremy was trying his best to stay calm. Eventually the pain died down and Jeremy was relieved.

The line work was complete and the boys waited patiently for the tattoos to be colored. It didn't take too long considering there weren't a lot of colors and they didn't get them shaded.

Finally they were done. The artists gently cleaned around the tattoos and used a hot towel to make sure it was clean. Both artists got pictures for their portfolio, and Ms. Mell got pictures for the boys since they left their phones in the car.

Protective ointment was put on the tattoos and bandaged up, tape being used to seal off the tattoos from the air. The artist explained to Michael and Jeremy how to care for the tattoos, and they nodded.

***

When the boys were finally ready to unbandage the tattoos, they were both wearing Pac-Man pajamas, well at least pants.

Ms. Mell had taken them to Jeremy's house so they could show Jeremy's dad. So when she helped them unbandage the tattoos, they were back to back so it would line up.

On Jeremy's left arm was the ghost half of the tattoo, which was Blinky moving away from Pac-Man, which was on Michael's right arm.

The boys were smiling in absolute awe at the tattoo, quickly hugging afterwards, avoiding touching the beautiful art that was not on their bodies.

"Best tattoos ever Jere?" Michael asked and Jeremy nodded.

"You bet."

The two ended up going to Jeremy's room and playing retro games and watching Pixels for the who knew what time while cuddling their Pac-Man blushes.

When they finally went to bed, Michael kept looking at Jeremy's tattoo and blushed.

"Maybe this means one day we'll be together..." He mumbled, really wanting to kiss the boy laying next to him. "Maybe this means we're connected now...kinds like...soulmates...I love you Jeremy..." It wasn't even a whisper because of how quiet it was.

Michael closed his eyes and finally fell asleep, his dreams being somewhat lucid, allowing him to imagine himself and Jeremy as soulmates, and the tattoos had been there since they were born...but he knew none of that was reality.

But he still enjoyed the dreams and the thought none the less.

Idk anything about tattoos but I kinda threw logic out the window bc these are the same boys who stopped the squip-pocalypse