For A Different Time Pt 2

TW: swearing

"Jeremy I don't know about this." Michael mumbled as they made their way into Payless.

"Okay y-yeah you talk to him." Jeremy whispered and Michael looked at him in confusion. "Michael he smells weird alright I can smell him from here."

"Fine okay we'll both talk to him." Michael did not want to do this. But Jeremy wasn't being covinced otherwise.

The two walked over to the man, who was extremely creepy.

"I-I like your umm...sideburns. Wolverine right?" Jeremy stuttered out and the man turned to face them.

"Alright kid where's the money?"

"W-What?"

"You're here for the super computer ain't you?" Jeremy hadn't heard somebody say ain't at all. Like yeah online but in real life it was so weird.

"Mmhm." Jeremy handed the man his money awkwardly and the man handed back 200 dollars. "Umm..."

"It's 400. Oh and this isn't tested technology so it's not exactly legal. Which is why you are buying it at the back of a Payless shoes store in cash. Just...here." He handed Jeremy a box of shoes.

"Female's running shoes?"

"It's inside. Take with Mountain Dew. And- WE'RE SOLD OUT!!"

"Of shoes?" Jeremy turned to see Jenna Rolan at the door.

"Oh you're here for shoes I..umm... that's my bad...Now scram kids."

"Wait y-you were saying something!!" Jeremy yelled and the stock boy went to touch his face but Michael slapped him, mumbling "don't touch him" under his breath.

"All sales final." With that he walked away from them, following Jenna.

They left and Jeremy was covering his arms in moisturizer, which Michael thought was slightly unnecessary.

***

They sat down in the food court, now with the Squip, a bottle of Mountain Dew, and a lot of people surrounding them.

"Are you sure you still wanna do this?" Michael asked and Jeremy shrugged.

"I dunno...how about we split it, you helped pay."

"Nah. I don't think it works like that. Plus I like to think that when you're cool you owe me." Jeremy could tell something was off with Michael but he didn't know what.

"Okay, I hope this was worth 400 dollars." Jeremy was examining the pill, turning it in his hand with ease.

"401, don't forget the Mountain Dew."

"Well here goes nothing...err... everything." Jeremy sighed, plopping the pill in his mouth and swallowing. He then chugged the Mountain Dew and swallowed quickly.

"How does it taste?"

"Minty."

"How do you feel?"

"Like...Like a chump!" Jeremy slammed a hand on the table and Michael seemed sort of relieved.

"Maybe it was a dud..." He thought, and Jeremy sat his head on the table sadly. "Try saying something cool. Just to test it."

"I think I just blew my Bar Mitzvah money on a Wintergreen Tic Tac." Michael made a tsk noise and Jeremy moaned in snnoysnce. "Just leave me to mourn in my Mountain Dew and Chili Fries alone forever..."

"Five minutes." Michael threw his headphones on and Jeremy looked at him, confused.

"Where a-are you going?" Jeremy grabbed Michael's hand, ignoring his blushing face. That's when he felt a shock and he pulled his hand away, running his other hand over it.

"Jere? What was that?" Jeremy shrugged and Michael nodded. "Anyways, the guy at the back of Spencer's Gifts is hookin me up with a case of Crystal Pepsi! It's like regular Pepsi, just clear!"

"Wasn't that discontinued in the nineties?" Michael nodded, throwing his hood on next.

"That's why it's so awesome!!" Michael moved his hand, and Jeremy sighed, watching as his crush danced away happily. That's when he felt another shock.

"Target male: semi-accessible. Calibration in process, please excuse some mild discomfort." Jeremy felt something burning inside of himself and stood up, running to the nearest bathroom, glad it was empty.

"W-What the hell is this?" He stammered out, looking as his hands, and where his veins were, there was a circuit like pattern glowing bright blue. "What the fu-"

"Calibration complete. Access procedure initiated. Discomfort level may increase." Jeremy felt a stabbing sensation through his arms and legs, and fell to the floor, hugging himself tightly. "Accessing neural memory, accessing muscle memory, access procedure complete. Jeremy Heere." Jeremy looked up in amazement at the thing standing in front of him. "Welcome to your Super Quantum Unit Intel Processor....Your Squip."

"Holy shit y-you work!" Jeremy began freaking out, it worked, it actually worked.

"Yes. Now from what I'm getting, you wish to win the heart of Michael Mell. Correct?"

"And be cool...err...chill..." Jeremy added and the Squip nodded, pulling up a screen and fiddling with things on it

"Lucky for you, you have no competition. As for the chill part, we'll set that aside until after you and Michael start dating."

"Also do you know y-you look like Keanu Reeves?"

"Of course as that's my default mode. You can also set me for Sean Connery, Jaci Nicholson, or, Sexy Anime Female." Jeremy turned red and shook his head. "How about a Sexy Anime Male?"

"K-Keanu Reeves is fine. So...can others see you?"

"I only exist in your mind. If there were people in your general vicinity, they'd see you, having a very animated conversation with yourself so...don't do that. Think at me. Like telepathy."

"Like in X-Men?" Jeremy thought and the Squip nodded.

"Now, in order to achieve your goal, you have to come out. Michael does not know you are bisexual as of now. So I suggest texting him and asking him to meet you outside of the shop in which he buys his patches." Jeremy nodded, pulling out his phone while exiting the bathroom.

Player 2: hey Michael can u meet me by the patch shop?

Player 1: sure. I'm bringing Crystal Pepsi with me if u want some

Player 2: alright. See ya

Player 1: bye.

Jeremy made his way to the shop and the Squip led him to a ton of pride patches, and he pointed to the bisexual one.

"We can put it on the sleeve of your cardigan. This seems to be the most convenient way for Michael to find out you are bi."

"O-Okay. Jeremy grabbed the patch and quickly bought it with a small portion of the 199 dollars he still had. He walked out of the store just in time to see Michael walking towards the shop.

"Go over to him and grab his hand with your hand. Don't make it obvious though, I'll help guide your motions." Jeremy nodded and began walking towards Michael,  standing by his side calmly before gently beginning to intertwine their fingers. "Tell him you have to tell him something important to tell him."

"Michael I need to t-tell you something important...when we get in the car.." Jeremy mumbled, the patch in his hand which was in his cardigan pocket.

"Okay. Whatever you need to tell me." Jeremy smiled at Michael's sincerity. He was just so genuine and calm him, and he loved it.

"And he'll love you back I promise. I assure you." Jeremy nodded as the two headed out to the bright red PT Cruiser, hand in hand.