Epilogue

It's been two years since the prophecy was fulfilled. Two long years of fighting the Darkness. I found the right amount of Nightshade to eat after almost dying ten times. That was an experience. I had to eat a whole flower to keep the Darkness contained. I eat the berries on occasion. Good thing that some people grow the plant and use it to cook with.

There are times when I go without the remedy to see how I can cure this illness. So far, nothing has worked. The intent to kill is overwhelming at times that Zephyr, in his human form, had to force the herb in my mouth while restraining me so I could become sane again.

Shade is mostly the same. The Commander is no longer the evil officer from two years ago. He's an officer held in high regard of everyone in the village. Silent Edge is a place for criminals instead of the innocent.

No one knows about the Dragon Race or the Purge. All evidence is gone. Replaced with a white lie but it made the people content. I didn't want them to know about the dragons. The past would become the present, like Idris said.

I decided to use my powers to heal. There are still doctors to help those that are sick but sometimes they need me to cure one of those illnesses that are persistent or when there's a life threatening situation.

I was a new face in Shade since no one remembered me. Some people stayed away from me because of my white hair, saying I was a demon or witch. That brought back memories. Others were curious and invited me in with open arms. I was honestly surprised, thinking the past would repeat itself. There are still some people that are wary of me but mostly everyone appreciates me since I've helped their loved ones recover from an illness or injury.

Sometimes I use nature energy to entertain the little ones like my kind did so long ago. I make tiny ice sculptures and make them dance around. It's nice seeing their faces gleam in amazement.

I still visit their graves. I'm not sad whenever I visit, it's more of a bittersweet feeling. I also honor the graves in Hallow's Circle. I made it so no one goes there. That place has seen too much bloodshed and bad memories.

Nightmares sometimes plague my mind. Cloud killing the kid; a cruel smile on his face. Azazel's red eyes filling me with dread as he takes his time torturing me. The Commander killing Cloud and the kid. Nothing but blood.

Some things make me remember and I have to take deep breaths so I don't lose myself in those memories. But the times where my mind stays in the past too long thankfully happens in the forest, outside of watchful eyes. Sometimes I scream, other times I sit by a tree with my fingers between my hair with a wide eyed and shocked expression as tears run down my cheeks, muttering non-sensical things under my breath.

Despite this, Zephyr and the Guardians have helped me through so much. They've stuck with me no matter how many times I've said that I can take care of myself, they can go back to Impargos for some time, but they refuse to leave my side. They've made me feel human in the last two years than in my whole life. I laughed now. Smiled more. Such a nice change.

I went back to Impargos. Talked with Amalthea, May, and Idris. I even talked with Ryszard, trying to make things right again; slowly patching things up.

I haven't gone back to the Dead Forest.

I wanted to go there so many times but I didn't want the Darkness to further steal away my very being. I guess I would meet him again when the time came.

And that time seemed to be getting closer with each passing day.

***

Well, this is the end of the story. I want to thank everyone who has read, commented and voted. Without you guys, this story wouldn't have been finished.