Chapter 23: Rain Brings Bad Feelings And Bad Outcomes

The stuff in italics is Erwin's or another charecters thought.

The grey haired male is Erwin, the blond is Mike and the black haired male is Levi

1870, day five of the war

Rain poured outside, the knights trudged through the wet ground. The prince leading them in the front, carrying his sword in one hand and his Omega on his back. The raven had someone's jacket sheilding him from the rain. He was on the Alpha's back because he was lending his horse to one of the injured soldiers and the ground was mucky. He didn't want his brand new uniform to get dirty. He sighed into the blond's shoulder, his icy grey-blue eyes came across a group of about four soldiers and their horses. One of the soldiers was leaning against the trunk of the big oak tree, wind blowing their horses' manes. The rain fell everywhere on their uniforms and the one leaning against the tree had only bandages on. "Look ahead," Levi said with a hint of tiredness leaking in his voice.

Baby blue eyes as bright as the hyacinths they have back home. They have a lot at the castle, along with white roses. The other type they had planted in their garden that served Levi as a memory of his perished Mother. The blond's head raised, his hair tickling the raven's cheek. "Soldiers," His breath caught when he saw the neighboring countries' regiment. Oddly enough they had no leader, we may actually have a chance. But I can't let Levi come with me, I don't need him limping around when there's a war to fight. Mike, he looked back at his regiment. He scanned for Mike, he gingerly handed Levi over to him despite his protests. "Stay in his arms love," Erwin's breath hitched not wanting to leave the frightened young man in the arms of his most trusted guard and friend. "Please, take him back. He doesn't need to experience bloodshed." The blond muttered, his Omega's orbs stare into his with tears adorning his face.

He's never seen them so sad, "Win, one last kiss please," He whispered out, his voice uneven. Erwin sighed, he leaned forward. Their lips touching, a serene kiss. It was to short. Levi was being brought back to one of the horses, Erwin barley could talk at that point. He didn't look back, knowing it would cause him more grief. He pushed forward, he mounted his horse and he took a shallowed breath. The ride was short, almost uneasy. He could feel gaze on him, the opposing army just sitting back. "Let me go you Idoit," Erwin could barley hear the Omega. His heart was beating million miles an hour, he experienced war before, but he never fully faced the army head on before.

"Soldiers," He announced the attention of the group of soldiers huddled around the big oak tree. His eyes stare at the soldiers on horses, from what it looked like he was mistaken. The soldiers were of his regiment, but they were wearing differing uniforms then what he and the rest of the regiment wore. "What were you doing seperated from the rest of your squad?"

"It's a long story sir," One of the female soldier's spoke up. She had deer brown eyes, her brown hair was cut short and the girl wore a navy blue robe with a pair of grey leggings underneath. The brunette had a pair of bulky brown boots, "I promise to explain all once we get them help," She gestured to the bloody soldiers'.

"Alright, have your squad leader help you gather them," He turned on his horse, his sword at rest. He met the eyes of dozens of soldiers' on his team. He saw Mike struggle to keep Levi at bay, the way he smacked the 20 year old around. Once his pale hand glided across the man's face. His eyes were shadowed with gilt, he made his hot smokin' pirate Captain think he was going too die and now he was causing him pain figuratively speaking. He could see the way Levi's hair stuck up on the back of his neck and his hands grip his knife. Why did I ever agree to handing him to Mike, the blond thought to himself.

Mike tightened his hold on Levi, he made an oath to Erwin that he'd protect Levi with all his might way before the war started. Keep on smacking me Levs, I won't break, the dirty blond thought to himself. "God--!" The word ended in a shout before Erwin felt a gun smack him right in the head. He let out a loud groan, tears sprung at his eyes from all of the pain he was feeling.