Chapter 21

[Natsu's P.O.V]

"Natsu...are you in love with Lucy?"

Am I...in love with Lucy?

Of course not. I love Lisanna. Lucy is just a friend.

*insert triggered Miraculous Ladybug fans ;)*

"No...I have a girlfriend, Lisanna, I love her."

Gray exhaled, "Lucy or Lisanna?"

Lucy-

I shake my head, "Lisanna."

Gray's hand pats my shoulder, "If you thought instantly of her, then you're just lying to yourself Natsu. Visit Lucy when you're completely sure, wouldn't want you hurting her even more..."

He walks away from me, I stayed quiet.

Why did she pop up first?

~Even later that Day~

I was walking back home, thinking about today.

As I was walking I was back at the spot from last night. Where Lucy choked out those flower petals... there was some dry blood stained to the sidewalk. I grip my jaw and continue walking.

I make it to my driveway and open my car. I sit and reach to click my seatbelt but see something.

Pink

She pops up in my head again. She loves pink.

I pull it out, it was a...

Flower petal...

I examine to noticed dry blood stuck to it as well. I frown and crush the petal in my hand as hard as I can. I throw it out my car window and head to Lucy's house. I walk up and grab the key under the mat.

Ever since the hospital incident, I told her to keep a key if anything happened so I can check in at any time. I open the door to see the flower petals that fell from the vase when I found Lucy on the ground.

I'm such an idiot...

The petals are two different colors. Of course I didn't notice, I ran out with Lucy as soon as I could. I tch and head upstairs to her room. As soon as I entered I was intoxicated by her scent.

Vanilla and Strawberries...

I look around and see a folded paper in her trash can. I walk up to look inside. My eyes widen.

Hanahaki Disease Removal...

What's Hanahaki Disease? Is that why Lucy is coughing out petals, a disease.

I grab it out the trash and read it:

A disease where someone coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one sided love. It can be cured by surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their lover also disappear...

Lucy must've underlined the words she thought was most important.

I clench onto the paper remembering all the times I've hurt Lucy.

My poor Princess. Not even her Dragon can protect her from himself.

I tear the paper into pieces and leave them on the floor. I turn and punch the wall out of frustration.