Chapter 20

"...Gray."

He tilts his head, "Why are you crying?"

He sits next to me and I instantly hug him. He pet my hair and I tried to calm down. As soon as I do, I tell him what happened. He nods listening to everything I have to say. When I finish there's a silence.

"Well..." he starts, "are you sure you're ready to do this tomorrow?"

I tense and rethink my whole childhood with Natsu till now.

I calm my nerves a bit and nod. Gray nods as well and we sat there for a while in silence. I want to sleep but then I'll miss out on the meteor shower and the departure of the Sakura Tree's petals.

"Do you know what's going to happen tonight?" I say breaking the silence.

"Yes," he says, "it's why I'm here."

I look away playfully, "And no invite? How rude."

Gray jumps and starts stuttering and apologizing to me. I laugh and tell him I was just messing around. From then we both laughed and talked. Gray talked about his childhood and how he met Natsu.

I did as well.

I yawned.

"Sleep. I'll wake you when it starts."

I shake my head, "I'll stay up."

He nods and now lays his head on top of mine.

"Arigato Gray..."

"For what?"

I look up slightly and smile, "For taking care of me and my problems."

Gray stayed quiet. All I could hear was his breathing.

"...Gray?"

"...Lucy... I want to tell you something."

I look up at him, "Yes?"

"I think I lo-"

"Gray! Look!"

I stood up in excitement and pointed as high as I could in the sky.

The meteor shower

It's more beautiful than I could've imagined!

"Gray Sama! Aren't they so bright and beautiful!"

Gray stands up and holds my hand.

"So bright and so beautiful..." he says.

I don't look at him but I sensed his eyes on me. I didn't want to miss anything in front of me. There was a sudden strong gust of wind. I look down and grab my hair to put behind my ear. I look back up.

My eyes glisten over.

The petals were now gliding through the dark sky. I reach out as if I wanted to grab a handful of them.

"Ahhh~ So gorgeous!"

I felt Gray's grip tighten and I look over at him. He was smiling and looking up as well. I smile to myself and look back up.

I'll remember this day forever...

~The Next Morning~

*yaaawwnnn*

*cough*

I lower my hand to reveal more petals. I sigh slowly and throw them away.

Today's the day...

I rub my eyes and feel something cold on my eyelid. I look down at my hand.

Oh yeah...

The promise ring...