f o r t y n i n e

I got out my phone and texted Harry saying that I was going to the barbecue and that he was welcome to come with Keegan and I if he wanted to, very quickly he accepted the offer and we said that he would come to mine after he had finished whatever it was that he was doing after he dropped off Keegan for my mum to see her. My mum had just left the house to go and see Mel so it was just Keegan and I in the house, I decided that I would get changed into some different clothes for the barbecue.

I dressed Keegan up in a pair of dungarees with a little yellow jumper that I put in my handbag in case she got cold later on during the day, I realised that I hadn't gotten the mail from my pigeon hole down in the main reception so I picked up Ke...

I dressed Keegan up in a pair of dungarees with a little yellow jumper that I put in my handbag in case she got cold later on during the day, I realised that I hadn't gotten the mail from my pigeon hole down in the main reception so I picked up Keegan and carried her down the stairs with me so I could get the post, when I got there I saw that I had a couple of bills that needed to be payed so I took the post and gave it to Keegan to hold and just as we were walking back towards the stairs I crossed paths with Kirsty who just stared at Keegan and I but mainly Keegan which actually made me rather uncomfortable but then she had the audacity to actually try and talk to me.
"Hello Raye." She smiled at me but I could tell that she was uncomfortable
"Kirsty." I said bluntly to her
"God she looks so much like Harry."
"Well that is usually what happens when people become parents." I say
"Look I'm really sorry about what happened on the night of the fight." She said after there was a long silence and I was about to leave the lobby and go back to my flat.

"Yeah well you ruined my relationship I hope you're happy with yourself, and don't think that I don't know that you and Harry had a thing together after I was gone." I say bitterly to her
"I really am sorry Raye." She says to me
"Whatever Kirsty." I say as I look her up and down in disgust before I make my way back to my flat where I saw Harry waiting outside my flat door.
"How did you get here?" I asked him
"I took the elevator, I saw you and Kirsty talking in the lobby what did she say to you?" He asked with slight concern
"She just apologised and that was it really." I shrug as I unlock the door and go inside to get everything ready to take to the barbecue, Keegan gave her little blue trainers to Harry for her to put on her feet for her while I got all of her things together like a few toys just to keep her entertained. When I finished I grabbed the house keys and my car keys and then the three of us left to go to the boys' house for some food.

When we arrived I got Keegan out of her car seat and she ran up the door and used the letter box as a knocker, I saw Tobi open the door and he quickly gave Keegan a hug and waited for Harry and I to walk towards the door before he carried Keegan into the house. Keegan had always loved Tobi she definitely took a better liking to him more then she did the others, we walked into through the kitchen where I saw Josh getting some things out of the freezer.
"Hiya." I said to him as he turned around
"You came!" He cheered which made me laugh and smile a little bit, I nodded I return before the both of us walked into the garden where I saw everyone else talking to each other. Tobi still had hold of Keegan while he spoke to the guys. I walked past Keegan and waved at her and she waved back at me with a smile on her face. When I looked properly I saw a big bouncy castle at the far end of the garden and it instantly made me laugh; I knew that the boys were such big kids at heart.

I sat down on one of the chairs and put my bag down next to me as I got out my phone, Freya approached me with a glass of orange juice that she handed to me.
"You okay?" She asked me nicely
"Fine." I said rather bluntly to her "I'm sorry about how I was on the phone this morning." I said to her as a sipped my drink,
"It's fine don't worry about it if anything we should all be sorry because of the way that we spoke to you it just wasn't right." Freya said and I smiled, I then saw Ethan chasing Keegan round the garden and she was laughing like a maniac before she came rushing into my leg. I picked her up and took the keys chucking them at Ethan, I left Keegan outside in the company of Gee and Emily while I went into the kitchen to go and fill her cup up with juice, while I was making her a drink Simon came up and leaned against the breakfast island.

"We need to talk Raye." He said to me
"What about?" I asked as I walked out of the kitchen giving Keegan her drink while she sat on the grass by herself.
"About us." He said, I looked over to him before taking a deep breath
"What about us? Si there isn't anything to say really." I just shrug as I walk back into the kitchen with him following behind me.
"Okay so what about everything that was said in the corridor when you came home? That needs clearing up." He said
"Fine let's sort it out then." I say to him
"I really like you Raye-" he starts to say
"Here we go (*sigh heavily*) I've heard it all before Simon we have been here before." I sigh to him,
"You stood in the corridor and said that you wanted to be with what's changed?" He asked quite quickly
"Nothing has changed Simon, but you kissed me and then suddenly I don't here from you what the fuck was all that about?" I asked him in anger.
"I-I know and I'm sorry I just needed to figure some things out that's all my life has been hectic." He said
"Your life has been hectic? Just take a look at mine. I've got a daughter, I'm a young single mum, I ran away from everyone, I have no job, I came here with my ex boyfriend who cheated on me and is the father of my kid, I crossed paths with the girl who he cheated on me with this morning and the guy who says likes me and kisses me I don't hear from!" I say while out of breath.
"I'm sorry Raye I didn't know." He said
"No you didn't and that doesn't matter." I say a lot more calmly this time.

I start to walk away from Simon and go back outside when he says something to me that's makes me stop again.
"Be mine. Seriously I mean it Raye."
"I'll think about it Simon." I say to him
"What is else is there to think about?"
"How about a one year old little girl who doesn't know anything or anyone and doesn't know if she's coming or going half the time and that's all my fault." I say to Simon before I walk back outside to see JJ throwing Keegan up in the air and catching her. "Keegs I'll race you to the bouncy castle." I say as I point over to the inflatable building. I watched as her eyes lit up with excitement as she took hold of JJ's hand and raced with me to the castle.
"I'm winning!" I call out to her, but then suddenly JJ picks her up and starts to run "that's cheating!" I say while laughing as I watched JJ pick up Keegan and jumps into the castle with her and then all three of us all start bouncing together. While I was doing this and I saw how happy Keegan was with everyone I looked over at Simon who was talking everyone else and I made a decision there and then, I got out my phone and texted him.
R: yes
S: Yes?
R: I will be yours.

I watched as Simon looked at me and smiled before he came rushing onto the bouncy castle and tackled me to the floor.
"Let's bounce on mummy!" He shouted at Keegan with happiness while she climbed on top of me and JJ and Simon bounced around the both of us sending Keegan flying up into the air and landing back on the inflatable floor again while she laughed.