"Newbies"

Mitch's POV
It was dark and lonely in the homestead with the others sleeping. Jerome's hushed snores emitting from behind me with his arms loosely hugging around my waist. I could feel his breathing with his chests against my back. I sigh and stare blankly at the hammocks next to us occupied by Preston and Rob who also decided to just share a hammock instead of sleep separately. I desperately beg for sleep, but sleep was no where in sight for me at this point. Every time I shut my eyes, the hole I'd been trapped in comes to mind and scares the living crap out of me.

Suddenly my attention was caught by movement in the darkness, accompanied by the slight sound of rustling and creaking wooden planks. The door opens letting in little light, but enough to see someone creeping quietly out the door then slowly shutting the door behind them. Obviously attempting to make as little noise as possible.
After a while, I struggle not to be nosey and snoop on what they're doing... But curiosity forced me to get up and follow.
I carefully remove Jerome's arms from my waist. Then the hard part was to get out of the hammock without making it move, not wanting to wake Jerome. I somehow manage to not wake him, taking one last glance at him through the darkness before creeping towards the doors location. Creaking it open making me wince and cringe at the noises. Begging no one wakes up. I achieve opening and closing the door. May gaze circling around me seeing no one in sight. The silver moonlight highlighting the landscape with the stars shimmering bright and beautiful in the sky. My gaze then falls down to the earth beneath me, my eyes widen after noticing scarce but noticeable bootprints in the dirt path beneath me. Trailing to my right towards a mini castle type building. I bite my lip, wondering if I should follow them, what if they lead to danger? I question myself. Looking back at the homestead behind me wondering if I should just go back to bed.
Suddenly I jump and almost scream, but a cold hand cups over my mouth muffling it.

"Shhhh" a male voice says behind me. "It's just me, Jerome" he says. I turn to see Jerome smiling at me, his hand lowering from my mouth.
"I was worried because you were gone from my arms so I came to find you, what are you doing out here?" He asks in a hushed whisper. Hugging around my waist again.

"I saw someone leave the homestead and curiosity got the best of me... There are boot prints but I don't know if they're new or not... But they lead to the castle thing over there." I whisper and point to the tracks that lead the the castle. Jerome nods and takes my hand. Equipping a sword.

"Want to check it out?" He asks in a whisper with a chuckle. I nod and he leads me forward, following the trail, sword in his hand. Suddenly I jump again, a loud empty scream echoing in the far distance, a fireworks death display showing in the sky of where they were and who was just killed, too far to see clearly.
"At least deaths are now happening quicker" Jerome chuckles sadly in a whisper. His voice a little shaky with what I assume was fear. I nod with a sad smile at him. Shivering against the cold feeling that just shot up my spine. I had a bad feeling... Just to confirm my bad feeling, as soon as we opened the door we were met my a single pair of pink and purple glowing eyes. The rest of their body in shadows but little of their body was highlighted in the purplish-pink glow radiating from their eyes. From what I could see, the figure had long pink hair that wasn't tied back. Purple headphones over her ears. Her skin a pale but tan skin color. Her breasts were slightly caught in the glow allowing me to know it was a female. She steps out of the shadows, Jerome pulling on my arm to step away incase she was danger. She continued to strut out of the shadows into the light, then stopped enough to see her whole body in the moonlight. She wore a purple semi-long sleeve shirt that stopped just above her elbows, a pink strip on the shirt over her breasts. She wore purplish pink shorts with pockets at the sides and brown boots.
But what caught my attention most of her appearance was the pink sparkly angel type wings jetting from behind her. A pink and sparkly tail was curled to in front of her legs, slapping at the air clearly not happy. Her wings were spread wide apart making her look intimidating along with her glowing eyes.
(candyflossed 's character. Go check her profile and read her books and give her a follow)
"Who are you and where did you come from?!" She snarled leaning forward "you shouldn't have followed" she barks, her hand on her hip then appearing again, the shine of a diamond sword in her hand. Holding it in front of her body ready to strike. Jerome shoves his iron sword in my hand and equips another diamond sword in his hand.

"We don't want any trouble, we're from The Pack... Violet and Jason aka Aaron, recently brought us here after the world collapse." Jerome explains. She seems to understand, lowering her sword.

"Well look her newbies, I'm not here to make friends and I especially don't take your piteous mercy" she growls before sliding the sword back in its sheath. She turns and flaps her wings, lifting from the ground and flying to the top of the castle before landing. Shooting us a glare before turning away. Jerome squeezes my hand before beginning to head back to the homestead. I reluctantly follow, walking at his side.