Guild

We continue to run, Mitch's grip not loosening or changing.

"Guys look out!" I heard a female voice yell. I lift my head in her direction seeing her sprinting towards our left. But not long enough to take in her appearance. I turn back in panic hearing before seeing a large tree collapsing down from our right, falling directly in front of our path. It wasn't a small, easy to jump one. Instead a large jungle tree.

"GO LEFT! GO LEFT!" I yell, throwing my arm in the direction we needed to run to dodge it. "I SAID GO LEFT!!" I yell in utter panic as they don't change direction. Mitch yanks me to the left, sprinting so we could get out of the path. The others saw us and followed pursuit to dodge the tree that would crush and kill us. Another tree collapses, but we can't locate it, we could only hear the snapping wood. I turned my head to look over my shoulder, the new tree collapsing straight towards us. I felt my eyes go wide and my heart drop. "GO GO GO!!" I scream and sprint my heart out. "BEHIND US!" I screech as the others don't speed up. They all turn their heads in the sprint to look behind them, their eyes widening. Sprinting at a quicker pace. The rustling of leaves from behind us grew louder, meaning we were running out of distance between the collapsing tree behind us. We round the tree that we'd previously changed direction to dodge, the new tree collapsing straight on top of it. But we don't slow down, knowing that it's too dangerous to remain here. Up ahead is a clearing that leads to a gravel path through an open plain field. A village in the distance that was likely overruled by a guild. 

"You can run towards the village! My guild is there!" The same female voice yelled. I turned my head seeing her again, she ran on our left still, pointing a dagger towards the village. She has an arrow satchel on her back, the strap over her shoulder and breasts with a bow over her shoulder. She wore a white jacket with blue jacket cuffs and zipper, a blue shirt. Grey shorts with white lace going from her waist and over her hips to her back. Blue boots with white laces. Extremely light brown hair close to blonde fell down like a waterfall over her breasts and covering her right eye. A blue bow with a white fade towards the middle tied on the side of her head. Her skin was a white-tan type color which brought out her bark brown eyes. (This is VioletDeGamer , go check out her books and also go check her YouTube channel Violet32 ) "You guys would probably be welcome to join" she offers. We all exchanged a glance between each other as if debating whether to trust her or not, but really, I guess we don't really have any other place to go. Our home base was destroyed along with all our resources.

"Guys, we have no other options. Our base is destroyed." I say. They all look at me, teary eyed knowing I was right.

"Couldn't we just go build another one?" Rob asks. We all give Rob the 'are you fucking stupid' look. Man Rob is just full of stupid things today isn't he!?

"You were there when we were building the other base Rob were you not?" Lachlan says with a serious but questioning tone.

"Yeah I was b-"

"So then you remember how long and how much effort it took to build that base alone? With all of us working on it?" Lachlan cut Rob off. Rob stuttered for a come back... But ended up shutting his mouth and went dead silent. Knowing he'd been beaten and there was no point arguing it any longer.

"Okay you have a point." Rob finally says.

"We don't have enough resources or people to build a new one. Two of us are too weak" Vikk added. We all nod in agreement.

"We have no choice then. So please uh... Whats your name?" I ask. Unable to read her gamer tag.

"Violet, Vi for short" she says.

"Thank you Violet. Can we please accept you offer to join your guild for now? Or at least till we're healed enough?" I reply. All still sprinting. She smiles and sprints ahead.

"No problem, I'm loyal to The Pack so I have no choice really. Plus I'll have to tell them of your arrival. Don't get too close yet" she tells us. "Trust me, they'll kill you. They may think its an ambush. We have the best guild leader. So just hide, we're safe her. We've- well sorry I should say the guild nerd figured out how much of the map is shrunk by each time... But looks like this one was a bigger shrinkage to kill off players. I'd say at least one whole guild would of died. You guys are lucky to of made it" She explains. The sarcasm when she said ' the best guild leader' bouncing through my head on repeat, she must mean that they're the worst guild leader.

"Before you go... I want to say thank you. For doing this for us." Mitch says, she smiles ear to ear and pretty much squeals.

"No problem! I love you guys" she says before she sprints towards the village. We slow our pace at now knowing we should be safer now. I back towards the direction of where we'd come from seeing that most the trees had fallen, that the massive dust cloud had stopped growing. The cracking sounds had lessened in volume while the shaking gradually calmed down.
Mitch dropped to his arse, pulling his knees into my chest and burying his face in his hands, crying his eyes out. That was too close for him. If I hadn't barely heard him then he would be dead. That was the scariest event that's ever taken place in my life, knowing that then and there, I could of lost Mitch.