• forty one •

Weeks went by. Slowly. And we started trying our hardest to get back to normal.

"Can we talk?" Austin asked. We were sitting on the couch, just staring at each other. In moments like these, I realized how lucky I was to have him. And to have him the way I wanted him was something I was eternally grateful for.

"Yes, of course," I nodded. He leaned up and kissed me. The first real kiss I had from him in weeks. He pulled me towards him and kissed me deeper. Tears started falling down my face as we kissed. I forgot what it felt like to have him pay attention to me with such passion. "Austin, this isn't talking."

"I love you, Brooke," he said to me. He held my hand, I could feel him shaking. "Would you want to try for another?"

"For a baby?" I gulped. I wasn't ready for that.

"Yeah," He nodded. I pulled away from him.

"I don't mean to hurt you in any way, but I am not ready for this again," I looked at him. "I need you right now, Austin. When the time is right, we'll be ready. Just like you said."

"I understand, baby," he looked deep into my eyes. "I am completely okay with focusing on us right now."

"I want us to be back to normal," I whispered. He looked at me with worried eyes. He leaned forward and kissed me softly.

"Go get ready," he patted my thigh.

"Where are we going?" I smiled. I felt my face light up.

"Don't worry about it," he smiled back at me.

"How am I supposed to dress?" I asked him, standing up off of the couch.

"Casual," he shrugged.

After walking upstairs and finding something to wear, I done my makeup and hair. I was so excited to go somewhere with Austin. I missed us. I missed him.

Soon we were in the car on the way to the mystery location. Austin was smiling, acting goofy. Singing songs to me. This is what I call life. The windows were down and our hair was blowing. The street lights hit Austin's face so perfectly, I wasn't sure if an Angel could compare. I'm in love. Forever.

Bright lights came into view. A huge Ferris Wheel.

"A carnival?" I asked. "Really?"

"You don't want to go?" He asked me.

"Yes I want to go!" I nodded frantically. I was so excited. He chuckled and pulled into the small, grassy lot. I hopped out of his car and walked over to him. I kissed him and he kissed back instantly, smiling while doing so.

We walked up to the ticket booth and paid for us both a wristband. Once we got in, I dragged him to the octopus ride, one of my favorites.

As we spun and the air hit my face, I realized life couldn't possibly get better than this. There is no one that could ever compare to Austin. I looked at him as he smiled with pure joy feeling his face. We were okay, we were happy.

I grabbed his face and kissed him. His hand rested on my thigh as he kissed back. There were no sexual intentions behind our kiss, but we deepened it, not being able to get enough of one another.

"I am so fucking in love with you," he sighed, pressing his forehead against mine. "I don't understand how you make me this crazy."

I kissed him again instead of saying anything back. The ride soon ended and we got off, heading to the Ferris Wheel.

Liked by postmalone, blaire

Liked by postmalone, blaire.rhodes, and 7,830 others
fuckingbrooke sometimes all you need is a good view and an even better man. 🎡
username1 praying 4 u!!!
postmalone You're so cute. I love you.
username2 so sorry about your baby. :(
username3 Glad you're doing better. We love you!!!
19 minutes ago

Austin and I were sitting in the field where we had parked now, sharing a funnel cake. We sat on the roof of the car as he watched the lights from the carnival twinkle. I smiled as I watched the Ferris Wheel rotate slowly.

"You're beautiful," Austin sighed. I turned my head and looked at him, as if to question him. "Seriously."

"Stop," I shook my head.

"Brooke, no. You are breathtaking. Good God," he inhaled. "I'm so lucky."

"I'm the lucky one," I leaned my head on his shoulder. "You have no idea."

"I hope to have nights like this for the rest of my life," He told me as he kissed the top of my head.

"We will, as long as you can put up with me for that long," I joked.

"Oh, honey. I couldn't imagine putting up with anyone else," he joked back as he nudged me.

"Thank you for tonight," I told him. "It was much needed."

"I agree," He said. He got off the hood of the car and faced me, pulling me towards the hood. He held the small of my back as he leaned in to kiss me. He ran his fingers up and down my arm as we kissed. People walked by, some were probably taking pictures. I didn't care.

I tangled my hands in his hair. I yearned for his touch that I hadn't felt in weeks. His lips, his hands, just him. I guess he could feel me getty antsy and eager. He pulled away and looked at me, his lips plump from us kissing.

"Let's get my baby home so she can get laid," he winked as he picked me up. I laughed as he sat me in the car.

I hope we could try to be normal again.