• nineteen •

Liked by ashcollins, blaire

Liked by ashcollins, blaire.rhodes, and 440,948 others
postmalone Never caught a feeling this hard, harder than the liquor I pour.
username1 using your own lyrics to tell us you're sad about brooke? mood son.
ashcollins 😍😍😍 my man!
username2 @ashcollins get the fuck out of here you irrelevant twat.
58 minutes ago

I scrolled through my Instagram, stopping on Austin's picture. I debated on liking it but ended up not doing it. I sighed and locked my phone. It was currently seven in the morning.  I decided I'd go into work today instead of working from home. I got up and showered, getting ready quickly. I put my hair in a ponytail and went downstairs to the Uber I ordered. I never drove to work because it was in the heart of Dallas and I hated the traffic.

I arrived soon. I worked for a clothing store doing online sales. I was pretty high up in the company, and I was very proud of myself considering I was pretty young.

Right before I got off work, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I said, typing on my computer. A delivery guy walked in with a bouquet of roses. "Thank you!"

I looked at the card and read it.

Meet me outside after work. I'm treating you to dinner.
- Oliver x

I smiled but was very disappointed that they weren't from Austin. I missed his hugs, his kisses, holding his hand, watching him put his hair in a bun, sleeping beside him. I missed everything about him.

I left work and met Oliver outside. He was standing outside of an Uber.

"Hey," he hugged me, smiling.

"Hey! Thank you for the flowers," I flashed him a smile back. "They were beautiful."

"I'm glad you like them," He held out his hand. "Shall we?"

I took his hand and we got into the car. We got to the restaurant in no time and got seated immediately. Oliver pulled my chair out for me and I thanked him.

We talked about pretty much everything over the course of dinner. During that time, I realized how lucky I was to have someone like him walk into my life.

Liked by ashcollins, oliverburnham, and 5,001 othersfuckingbrooke thank you for another amazing night, oli

fuckingbrooke thank you for another amazing night, oli. #someonewifehimup
oliverburnham Yes. Someone please wife me up.
username1 have y'all noticed post likes every picture she posts unless it's of this dude
username2 yes???? @username1
username3 he's fine af brooke 🤤
34 minutes ago

After dinner, Oliver and I went back to my apartment. We had talked about our favorite movies over dinner and decided to come back here and watch them. I went into my bedroom and changed out of my work clothes and into pajamas. My phone chimed as I was doing so.

austin: Just wanted to tell you I miss you.
brooke🧡: i miss you too. so much.
austin: Can I see you soon?
brooke🧡: you're in cali & i'm in texas. also, you have a girlfriend.
austin: I can fly out there. And having a girlfriend has never kept me from you. You're my best friend.
brooke🧡: no austin. maybe one day. just not now.

I plugged my phone into the charger and left it on my nightstand. I didn't want him to ruin my mood. I walked back into the living room and sat on the couch with Oliver.

"Everything okay?" He asked as I sat beside him.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I lied. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.

"No, you're not," he said, taking the remote from me and muting it. "Tell me what's going on."

"Austin texted me saying he misses me," I sighed. "I can't forget about him no matter how hard I try."

"It's going to take time, Brooke," he said, rubbing my back. "Don't worry, you will get through this."

"Thank you for being here for me," I said, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Don't thank me," he smiled. "Who would I be if I didn't try to make the not okay girl feel okay?"

"You're right," I smiled back at him. He looked at me and leaned closer to me. Before I knew it, his lips were on mine. When I didn't kiss back, he pulled away.

"Brooke, I am so sorry, I don't know what went through my head," he said.

"It's okay, Oliver," I assured him. "It's not that I don't think you're absolutely awesome. It's just that I'm definitely in love with Austin, and even though we aren't together, that didn't feel right."

"No, I understand," he nodded. "I didn't even mean to. It kind of just... happened. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, it's okay. I promise," I laughed.

"Okay good," He laughed nervously. "Now let's watch our movies."

"Mine first!" I yelled, taking the remote back from him.

"No way!" He said, doing the same.

"Yes way!" I laughed.

"Fine," He rolled his eyes and handed me the remote.

a/n: we're so close to 1k reads & 100 votes omg thank you!!