• eleven •

Liked by blaire

Liked by blaire.rhodes, ashcollins, and 10,893 others
postmalone Couldn't ask for a more beautiful person to spend my off days with🧡

blaire.rhodes ayyyy fuck it up
postmalone @blaire.rhodes Watch your fucking language
username1 hoLY SHIT? is this a confirmation?
fuckingbrooke 🧡🧡
fuckingbrooke @blaire.rhodes @postmalone y'all are so mature. love it. 😂
username2 there is no way y'all are dating. EW. what happened to ashli???
6 minutes ago

"So do you not care that people are saying we're dating?" I asked Austin as we sat outside by a small lake we had found.

"Everyone knows we've been friends for a long time, no one has to know the truth," he shrugged, skipping a rock across the water. "Besides, is it really so bad if people think we're dating?"

"Not for us, but I don't want the mean comments that come with it or whatever Ashli will do or say," I sighed.

"Don't worry about that," he said. "She doesn't matter anymore."

"Let's go swimming," I said, getting off of the rock we were sitting on. I pulled my dress off, revealing my swimsuit I had bought at a cute boutique in this city. Austin took off his shirt and flip flops.

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded and followed him into the freezing water.

"Holy balls," I cringed at the coldness. Austin grabbed me and picked me up. "Austin, no."

"Whatcha gonna do about it?" He laughed at me. He carried me deeper into the water and decided to put me down after I begged for a while. He dipped under the water and came back up, pulling his hair into a bun. I was sure I was drooling. He looked amazing. I got closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist under the water. I stared at him for a minute.

"What is it?" Austin asked as I kept staring. I tilted my head and smiled at him.

"You are perfect," I said. I decided I'd kiss him first this time. I was nervous, but my lips found their way to his. They fit together perfectly once again. This obviously isn't the first time I've found myself kissing Austin, but it still felt so surreal. I loved every second of it. I placed my hands on either side of his head and looked at him. He pecked my lips again before pulling me in for a hug.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, B," He told me. I leaned my head on his shoulder and smiled at his words.

After we were done swimming, we decided to go get some lunch. There was a small diner-type place about a mile from the lake. After we sat down, two girls came up to us. They looked the same age as us.

"Hi! I'm Kailyn and this is my friend, Carley," The blonde one said. "We are huge fans and we were wondering if we could get a picture?"

"Absolutely!" Austin said. He stood up and they both handed me their phones. It made me so happy seeing Austin with fans. I took their pictures and gave the phones back.

"Can we get a selfie with all of us?" The other girl asked me.

"Oh, you want a picture with me?" I asked. She nodded. "Of course, yeah!"

We all smiled for a selfie and they thanked us.

"Are you guys coming to the show tonight?" Austin asked them.

"Sadly, no," The Caitlyn girl said. "It was just pure luck we seen you guys walk in. We were just leaving."

"Well, the luck continues," Austin laughs and hands her his phone. "Type your names and numbers and I'll put you guys on the guest list."

"No fucking way!" She said as she typed their names. "Thank you so much."

"Not a problem," Austin smiled at them. "You'll get a text with instructions on when to be there."

"Thank you so much!" She said again. The other girl didn't seem to talk a lot.

We were finally back at our hotel. Austin had to leave soon for soundcheck, but I decided to stay back  and take a nap. Austin agreed. I had been to almost every show, I figured missing one was fine.

"Okay, I'm leaving," Austin said.

"Good luck, rockstar," I smiled at him as I laid on the bed, underneath the comforter.

"If only I were a rockstar," he laughed. He grabbed his phone and charger and started to walk out of the door. "Bye, Brooke."

I fell asleep almost instantly and woke almost 3 hours later to a knock at the door. I groggily got up and opened it. It was a member of the staff holding an envelope.

"Hi, ma'am. I was instructed to bring this to you," He said, handing me the envelope. I looked at it and printed on the back of it was my name. It most certainly wasn't Austin's writing but then again, the front desk most likely wrote it. I assumed it was probably from Austin.  I thanked the guy and he nodded. I walked into the bedroom and opened it.

It read:

Our night of romance has begun
Now it's time to have some fun
So, go to the place
That reflects your face
And there you'll find clue number one

I smiled at the paper. I guess this is Austin's way of proving to me that he really does like me- a scavenger hunt. That's why he was so okay with me staying here tonight.

I looked around. The clue obviously led to a mirror. I decided I'd check the bathroom. When I walked in there, I seen an orange piece of paper taped to the mirror. I giggled to myself and took the paper off of the mirror.

It read:
I know you like your cup of joe
So show this to the barista at the nearest Starbucks
And they will tell you where to go

I pulled out my phone and got directions to the Starbucks that was closest. Before I went, I changed clothes and made myself look at least a little presentable.

Finally, I was on my way. I got an Uber to the nearest Starbucks that was three miles away. There's no way I was walking that far.  When I got out of the Uber, I walked into the Starbucks and showed the barista the note I had. She nodded and handed me a venti drink. I took a sip and it was my favorite- a mocha frappuccino with a shot of espresso. She handed me another card with a clue on it.

It read:

Tonight, the whole world is ours, it's true
A dreamland created for just me and you
There will be something sweet,
At the end of the street
As we savor time long overdue

I walked out of Starbucks and down the sidewalk until I came across the cutest bakery ever. I walked in and showed the clerk the card, just like I had at Starbucks. He smiled at me and handed me a piece of caramel cake along with another clue. I smiled because Austin took the time to do all of this, and even remembered my favorite things.

I walked around for what seemed like hours. The scavenger hunt was so long, I was beginning to get tired. I looked down at the last clue and read it.

Go to the room
Where we have such a great view
There you will find a huge surprise
Waiting just for you

The hotel. I was so excited to get back to the room and see Austin. I wanted to thank him for putting so much time into this. He has definitely proved to me that he really does care about me. In that way.

a/n: it would mean so much to me if you guys could comment and give me some feedback on the story. i'd love to hear your thoughts because i'm not too sure i like this book all that much.