• five •

"Ashli?" Austin said when he noticed. I felt so awful. Like we had been caught, but we weren't even doing anything.

"Hi, baby!" She kissed him. I felt sick to my stomach. Mentally, I sang That Should Be Me by Justin Bieber. I laughed to myself for doing that. I was used to seeing them kiss and hold hands and stuff. But for some reason, drunk Brooke was not liking it.

"I just thought I'd surprise you and stay for a while," She said, holding his hand.

"That's really sweet of you," he kissed her cheek. "I'm happy to see you."

"I'm happy to see you, too," She smiled.

"I'm gonna hop in the shower right quick," Austin said. He grabbed some clothes out of his suitcase and walked into the bathroom. Leaving me with the wicked bitch of the west.

"Not gonna speak to me, Ashli?" I asked, 100% meaning for it to sound rude.

"Oh, am I supposed to?" She replied. "You post a picture of my boyfriend saying he's your date? You're absolutely crazy."

"Are you fucking stupid?" I laughed. "We've been friends forever. Do you really think anyone thinks we're dating? You make it very known he's all yours."

"No one thinks he's dating you, it's just that everyone knows you're a thirsty little attention whore. Everyone knows you want him," She shrugged. "If you ever think he'd break up with me for you, you're delusional sweetheart."

"Oh, I'm the attention whore for sure," I smiled and nodded. "You comment on pictures that have nothing to do with you and have to let everyone know you're dating Post Malone. It's so ridiculous. Don't you think? You're just trying to stay relevant because you know you're getting too old for anyone to care about you being a model."

"Fuck you, Brooke," She said. This signaled the end of the argument and I smiled because I won. I grabbed my clothes, my charger, and my suitcase and headed out of the room to the front desk.

"Are there any rooms available?" I asked the man at the desk.

"Unfortunately not, Miss. We are all booked up this weekend," He said in a Spanish accent. "We can call nearby hotels and get you one booked."

"You know what, it's fine," I laughed. I rolled my suitcase out the front of the building and started walking through downtown Atlanta barefoot, rolling a suitcase. And I was so sure that my makeup was about to be smeared because I felt tears coming. I wasn't sure how nothing ever worked out for me. I think I'm a good person, so how come everything that happens to me is bad? Fuck it. I came across a small diner where there weren't many people. I walked in and sat down at a table, ordering a strawberry milkshake. I looked down at my phone as it vibrated. It was a text from Austin.

austin🍺: What happened???
brooke💨: ask your dumbass girlfriend
austin🍺: She said you flipped out on her
brooke💨: of course she did! lmao okay austin
austin🍺: I'm not sure what's going on. Just come back and I'll get you another room
brooke💨: i already checked and there are no rooms. i'm just gonna get on the first flight home tomorrow.
austin🍺: No you're not Brooke. Stop this please

Missed call from austin🍺

brooke💨: calling me isn't gonna do any good. i'll see you when you're in texas. love you, good luck

I turned my phone off and looked around until the waitress brought me my milkshake. I sat in the booth I was in, thinking to myself about everything that went wrong. I am supposed to be with Austin. I know it.

My thoughts got interrupted by a bell ringing signaling someone was coming into the diner. I looked up and it was Austin. He seen me and walked over to the booth, sliding into it across from me.

"What the fuck are you ignoring me for?" He asked me.

"How did you find me?" I asked instead of answering his question.

"And then you're gonna ignore my question?" He huffed. "And you have your Snapchat location on."

"If I wanted you to come find me, I wouldn't have turned my phone off," I looked down at my phone.

"I didn't do anything wrong, Brooke. Why are you leaving?" he asked me. He's right. He done nothing wrong.

"Because. You don't need me here anymore," I huffed.

"Of course I do. What do you mean?" He shook his head, searching for an answer. I felt terrible but I didn't want to be here.

"I don't like Ashli and she doesn't like me. I'm not staying with her around," I admitted.

"I can't just tell her to leave, B," he sighed. I really wish Ashli wasn't a huge bitch. I want to get along with her for Austin's sake.

"I didn't ask you to. Just know I won't be around until she isn't," I shrugged. I left ten dollars on the table and stood up from the booth, as did Austin. "Have fun on tour. I'll call you every night. If you'll even be able to answer."

"I don't want you to go," he said, following me out of the diner. I felt ridiculous for doing this but I'm bettering myself by leaving. I can't imagine how upset I'd be if I stayed here. I wish Austin knew how much it hurts me to see them together.

"I don't want to go either but I'm not staying with her around," I told him as we stood on the sidewalk in the middle of the night. "She got mad at me for posting a picture of someone I've been friends with since I was fifteen! I'm leaving so you can deal with your girl before I do."

He didn't say anything. Of course. But I wasn't finished talking, so he was going to listen.

"And you know, Austin, you're absolutely amazing. I don't know why you settle for someone who doesn't give you the world you deserve," I said to him. Holy shit. "I wish you'd see your worth and know that it's way more than a girl using you to get herself more famous."

Still, nothing. Oh well. I tried.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna leave. See you in Texas," I nodded. I turned around and started walking down the sidewalk, suitcase dragging behind me. I didn't know where I was going. I still hadn't found a hotel. I looked back and he was walking behind me. I stopped and turned around.

"Why are you following me?" I asked him.

"I'm not letting you walk around Atlanta at this time of night by yourself. You're fucking crazy," he chuckled.

"Don't you have to get back to your witch?" I joked.

"Please stop." he huffed. "Don't worry about her. She's okay by herself for one night."

"You can't stay with me," I sighed. "She's going to start so much shit."

"I really don't care, B," he replied. "We're going to find a hotel and I'll come back to mine after I drop you off at the airport. I just really wish you wouldn't go."

"I'm going, end of discussion," I said. He rolled his eyes.

We finally found a motel about twelve miles from Austin's hotel. We got an Uber to take us and we were there in about ten minutes.

"I can't believe you're staying at this run down motel with me instead of the five star one that has a model waiting for you in it," I laughed as I opened the door to the room. It was awful. The two beds in the room didn't even have matching comforters. A small box TV accompanied a broken mini fridge that roared loudly, along with a dirty microwave. I laughed at how disgusting this room was. Oh well. It's better than sleeping on the street.

"I promise you, I'll have more fun with you here than I would with her there," he laughed. I guess he knew she'd be mad at him for this, but he didn't seem to care.

"I'm going to sleep," I said, lying down on one of the beds. "My flight is at 7:20."

"Okay," Austin said as he climbed into bed with me.

"Austin, there's another bed," I looked at him.

"This is the last night I'll be able to share a bed with my best friend," he sighed. "Can I please just do that without you complaining?"

"Yes," That's all I said before falling asleep.